By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Sony, where are my JRPGs?

I understand that SONY is concentrating on internal development..... but could they put some of those teams to some RPG work??? Or create new in house teams soley for RPG's??? ... Plz....

4 ≈ One

Around the Network

Yeah, this has been my biggest qualm with Sony this generation, but I have been pacified because I still have a backlog of RPG's from the PS1/PS2, enough to tide me over until some of the SE ones hit the States. Plus I have a PSP now too.

We had two bags of grass, seventy-five pellets of mescaline, five sheets of high-powered blotter acid, a salt shaker half full of cocaine, a whole galaxy of multi-colored uppers, downers, screamers, laughers…Also a quart of tequila, a quart of rum, a case of beer, a pint of raw ether and two dozen amyls.  The only thing that really worried me was the ether.  There is nothing in the world more helpless and irresponsible and depraved than a man in the depths of an ether binge. –Raoul Duke

It is hard to shed anything but crocodile tears over White House speechwriter Patrick Buchanan's tragic analysis of the Nixon debacle. "It's like Sisyphus," he said. "We rolled the rock all the way up the mountain...and it rolled right back down on us...."  Neither Sisyphus nor the commander of the Light Brigade nor Pat Buchanan had the time or any real inclination to question what they were doing...a martyr, to the bitter end, to a "flawed" cause and a narrow, atavistic concept of conservative politics that has done more damage to itself and the country in less than six years than its liberal enemies could have done in two or three decades. -Hunter S. Thompson

akuma587 said:
Yeah, this has been my biggest qualm with Sony this generation, but I have been pacified because I still have a backlog of RPG's from the PS1/PS2, enough to tide me over until some of the SE ones hit the States. Plus I have a PSP now too.

Thats the point. PS2 had the bulk of the JRPG's and they were awesome werent they. :)

They ones PS3 might have gotten seem to be on the 360. In the fuutre I think the lions share will go to Wii, since it is the leading console WW.

On the ps2...

Around the Network
Hawkeye said:
They ones PS3 might have gotten seem to be on the 360. In the fuutre I think the lions share will go to Wii, since it is the leading console WW.

Nintendo isn't focusing on core gamers right now. They are quite happy with their casual fans, where the bulk of their money is coming from. It seems as of late that core gamers and 3rd party titles come second, so you're going to have to wait on that dream. 

S.T.A.G.E. said:
Hawkeye said:

Nintendo isn't focusing on core gamers right now. They are quite happy with their casual fans, where the bulk of their money is coming from. It seems as of late that core gamers and 3rd party titles come second, so you're going to have to wait on that dream.

That is exactly why we don't have tons and tons of RPGs on Wii.  This is the first gen that the leading RPG console wasn't the best selling console of the gen.

FFXIII Versus will still be a PS3 exclusive and FFXIII will be better on the PS3 so why worry, im sure as the PS3 catches the 360 it will get more JRPGs

For the PSOne, I own FF7, FF9, Legend of Legia, Legend of Mana, Parasite Eve and Parasite Eve 2 (the last two being a hybrid RPG/action but thrown in for good measure). I played through others including FF8 and Legend of Dragoon (anyone else see a re-occuring theme here?).

I get the FF and PE thing, but is he implying that the Legend games are a franchise akin to Tales?  lulz

ljgamer said:
FFXIII Versus will still be a PS3 exclusive and FFXIII will be better on the PS3 so why worry, im sure as the PS3 catches the 360 it will get more JRPGs

So sad....so much...pent up loyalty...in one 3rd party game, whose main story went multiplat for obvious reasons. I wouldnt put it past Square to sell versus to MS consumers as well if they sell more copies on the 360, instead of just covering the lack of sales the PS3 wont be able to cover themselves. We'll see wont we.