By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Is Resident Evil 4: Wii Edition supposed to be this hard?

So today I bought Resident Evil 4 for the Wii.  I was going to buy MK Wii, but it's nowhere to be found.  Somehow Nintendo has sold 6 million copies of it, but I've never seen it :'(

Anyhoo, back to Resident Evil 4.

I kept on hearing how much better it felt with the aiming with the Wii mote, etc., but it seems worse to me.  I've never missed this many shots before.  When I played on the PS2, I was able to keep 90 percent all the way throughout, but I know in the first chapter, I might not even break 80 percent.

Does it get easier to aim with the Wii-mote?  Or is it supposed to be this hard?

Around the Network

Perhaps it's supposed to show fear in the character... like they can't make him tremble so they make your shots harder....

Yes... I just spoke out of my ass, LOL

I've only played the game on ps2 [beat it 11 times, best game ever!!]
And a little on the GC.

Am sure you'll get used to it with a little practice bro.

4 ≈ One

You must probably suck at aiming with a Wii Remote. It's way easier than the PS2/GC game (when it comes to aiming) so perhaps it's just not your thing.

Your playing it wrong. All the people I know who played both version say the wii mote is more accurate. I only played the wii version and thought the game was way to easy because of how quickly I could kill the zombies.

I'm just curious, how long have you had your Wii? The reason i ask is that perhaps you just haven't got your Wii pointing skills fine-tuned yet. I had a similar experience with Metroid Prime 3, the first "shooter" that i played on the Wii. I initially found much harder to manage than the previous Primes on GC, which surprised me when i had heard nothing but good things about the control scheme. It wasn't until i played a good way through the game where my skills started to pick up and by the time i played through the second time on Hyper i was much better and found it extremely fast and intutive.

Around the Network

They made the game harder on purpose because the Wii aiming had made it easier.

using a handgun I find it pretty easy to get 90%+

I will ask you this: What position are you playing in? ie are you sitting or lying down, and is your wrist resting on something (your lap?) or free in the air.

Just takes a little practice is all. Shooting with the wii-mote is more precise, faster, and more steady than the GC/PS2 versions.

Lil off-topic: Ammunition is more acrace in the Wii version making it harder. The knife makes up for it though, it's twice as effective in the Wii version making knife runs/trials easier ^-^

DMeisterJ said:

I was going to buy MK Wii, but it's nowhere to be found. Somehow Nintendo has sold 6 million copies of it, but I've never seen it :'(

Anyhoo, back to Resident Evil 4.

I kept on hearing how much better it felt with the aiming with the Wii mote, etc., but it seems worse to me. I've never missed this many shots before. When I played on the PS2, I was able to keep 90 percent all the way throughout, but I know in the first chapter, I might not even break 80 percent.

Does it get easier to aim with the Wii-mote? Or is it supposed to be this hard?

Nintendo sold over 6 million copies of Mario Kart Wii and then some. That's why you don't see it on shelves!

As for RE4... you clearly suck with the Wiimote if you're having trouble aiming in this game!  I suggest purchasing Wii Play.  Say what you want about the game, but it serves it's purpose in making people Wii Remote masters!

sc94597 said:

Your playing it wrong. All the people I know who played both version say the wii mote is more accurate. I only played the wii version and thought the game was way to easy because of how quickly I could kill the zombies.

It's no more accurate than a control stick (you can point to the same parts on screen), but it's a hell of a lot faster, thus easy to get multiple targets or track moving targets.

---

I suggest DMJ you try using the GC controller with the game and see how much worse you do (plug a GC controller in,  then unplug the nunchuck and you can use GC controlls)... assuming you have one.

You need some time to increase your skill ,I'm sure you can do better than that! :D

1st time on RE4 it take about 20-30 mins for me to get used to it. X3