By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Is Resident Evil 4: Wii Edition supposed to be this hard?

@TWRoO: :S I was hoping for a CT in professional mode, well I'll finish it anyways in hard.

Proud poster of the 10000th reply at the Official Smash Bros Update Thread.

tag - "I wouldn't trust gamespot, even if it was a live comparison."

Bets with Conegamer:

Pandora's Tower will have an opening week of less than 37k in Japan. (Won!)
Pandora's Tower will sell less than 100k lifetime in Japan.
Stakes: 1 week of avatar control for each one.

Fullfilled Prophecies

Around the Network
BengaBenga said:
I'm sorry, but this is clearly your own fault, although the auto-aiming that they always put into console shooters is left out, which probably explains why you miss more. A little more practice and you should have it over 90% again.
But you should be able to have a much ridiculously higher headshot percentage.

This, but with the Wiimote the game got easier...

By me:

Made with Blender + LuxRender
"Since you can´t understand ... there is no point to taking you seriously."

Okay, So I finished 1-1 and I got 95 percent.

Guess I was harsh on myself. I missed a hell of a lot of shots though, so that's weird.

Also, I wasn't knocking this for being the 'definitive' or not version of the game, but whether or not it would take me a while to adjust.

I think I'm adjusting, somewhat.

And I have noticed the knife is stronger, and the ammo is scarace :'( But I was always conservative with shooting, as I liked to make them stagger, then melee, then swipe them, so I should be fine.

I will say that it is very accurate to aim with the Wii-mote, versus the GC or PS2 controller. I guess it's just something that I have to get used to.

To be fair, if you're hitting everything without missing the game is too easy IMO.

You need to stop drinking, so your hand can be steady Lol

Honestly, you'll need a few minutes to get used to it. I found the aiming to be perfect.

Leatherhat on July 6th, 2012 3pm. Vita sales:"3 mil for COD 2 mil for AC. Maybe more. "  thehusbo on July 6th, 2012 5pm. Vita sales:"5 mil for COD 2.2 mil for AC."

Around the Network
hsrob said:
I'm just curious, how long have you had your Wii? The reason i ask is that perhaps you just haven't got your Wii pointing skills fine-tuned yet. I had a similar experience with Metroid Prime 3, the first "shooter" that i played on the Wii. I initially found much harder to manage than the previous Primes on GC, which surprised me when i had heard nothing but good things about the control scheme. It wasn't until i played a good way through the game where my skills started to pick up and by the time i played through the second time on Hyper i was much better and found it extremely fast and intutive.

This.....  But it also depends on the game I still can't play COD 3 very well.

DMeisterJ said:

So today I bought Resident Evil 4 for the Wii.  I was going to buy MK Wii, but it's nowhere to be found.  Somehow Nintendo has sold 6 million copies of it, but I've never seen it :'(

Anyhoo, back to Resident Evil 4.

I kept on hearing how much better it felt with the aiming with the Wii mote, etc., but it seems worse to me.  I've never missed this many shots before.  When I played on the PS2, I was able to keep 90 percent all the way throughout, but I know in the first chapter, I might not even break 80 percent.

Does it get easier to aim with the Wii-mote?  Or is it supposed to be this hard?

As others have said, it really seemed to me that the Wii version of the game was much harder. Not harder in the sense that the controls made it harder, but in the sense that it seems they upped the difficulty to compensate for the easier aiming. And as far as you missing shots, you are still new to the Wii remote so give it time. I know i for instance had a hard time playing COD 3 when i got it at first because i was so used to the dual analog stick set up. Now with some Wiimote experience, i will never play an FPS on a traditional controller again.

and as far as the knife goes, its weaker when you do a motion "quick slash", but stronger is you use the button and "aim it".

So give it some time, it may be learning curve or growing pains. If in a few days or weeks i doubt youll still have trouble Wiimote aiming.

F@ck Ubisoft and their commitment to Wii shovelware.

DMeisterJ said:
I will say that it is very accurate to aim with the Wii-mote, versus the GC or PS2 controller. I guess it's just something that I have to get used to.

This is exactly it. At first as a gamer it really does feel awkward aiming with the Wiimote. As someone else said, pick up Wii Play. It's essentially a $10 game with a controller, and more importantly, it's great for fine tuning your Wiimote skills. Once you master it dual sticks will feel clunky as hell for shooters. In fact, RE4 when you pick up the sniper rifle in the Wii version will feel too slow and useless as it uses the thumbstick.

If you're new to the Wii scene, I'll give some more advice: don't discount Ye Olden Wii Sportse as a write-off tech demo, there's a lot of depth in that game if you hunt for it.

I made that mistake and my wife has punished me for it for it since she can do insane stuff in all the games and I essentially ignored it for a while.

Yes, that includes "broken" boxing, she can do any hit she wants anywhere at any time. I can't even knock her down once.

One thing Nintendo has always done really well that most people discount or just don't know is they hide a lot of depth in their games so the player can discover for themselves. This goes all the way back to jumping and finding the first invisible 1-up in Super Mario Bros. One reason I still like a lot of Nintendo franchises even though they're "played out" is for exactly this reason. Sure they're all pick up and play, but they are all full of rewarding depth that doesn't necessarily include "push butan fastur."

There's some quirks with the Wii, but once you have most of them figured out they carry over to pretty much every game and it'll become easy to pick out actually broken games and Wiitarded players/developers.

Uhm fix your sensor bar or something.
The aiming was incredibly easy for me. The whole game in general was.
Just get used to it is all I can say. Its not that hard.

I never tried RE4 on Wii... but after playing pc shooters i have 2 words to say:

Too Easy...

4 ≈ One