By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Is Resident Evil 4: Wii Edition supposed to be this hard?

TWRoO said:
sc94597 said:

Your playing it wrong. All the people I know who played both version say the wii mote is more accurate. I only played the wii version and thought the game was way to easy because of how quickly I could kill the zombies.

It's no more accurate than a control stick (you can point to the same parts on screen), but it's a hell of a lot faster, thus easy to get multiple targets or track moving targets.

---

I suggest DMJ you try using the GC controller with the game and see how much worse you do (plug a GC controller in,  then unplug the nunchuck and you can use GC controlls)... assuming you have one.

Wait you could do that? I never knew. I am going to see how hard it is with the GC controller now.

Around the Network

@ TWRoO:

What makes the Wiimote more accurate is that you can see the reticle AT ALL TIMES! Whereas, with a standard controller, the laser sight was only apparent when it was actually OVER the target, otherwise it could easily get lost. Plus, the Wiimote is way quicker than controlling the laser sight with the control stick - a sensitivity adjustment option would've changed that, but one didn't exist.

Hmmm.. I have finished RE4 2 days ago, even Assignment Ada, The Mercenaries and Separate ways. I can tell you having finished the GC version and played the PS2 and PC ones, that this is the definitive version.

The controls are the best for a 3rd person shooting game. It's just so good. I'm planning on finishing it in professional mode, but I'll use the Chicago Typewriter ;)

Proud poster of the 10000th reply at the Official Smash Bros Update Thread.

tag - "I wouldn't trust gamespot, even if it was a live comparison."

Bets with Conegamer:

Pandora's Tower will have an opening week of less than 37k in Japan. (Won!)
Pandora's Tower will sell less than 100k lifetime in Japan.
Stakes: 1 week of avatar control for each one.

Fullfilled Prophecies

trestres said:

The controls are the best for a 3rd person shooting game. It's just so good. I'm planning on finishing it in professional mode, but I'll use the Chicago Typewriter ;)

How 'bout I only just recently found out that the Chicago Typewriter is actually a GUN...

I originally thought it was a new style typewriter to save your game... I was like "what's the point in that!?"  lolz!

I think you need to master your aiming with a wiimote that or you hand is shaking too much.

Around the Network

I'm sorry, but this is clearly your own fault, although the auto-aiming that they always put into console shooters is left out, which probably explains why you miss more. A little more practice and you should have it over 90% again.
But you should be able to have a much ridiculously higher headshot percentage.

Kenology said:

@ TWRoO:

What makes the Wiimote more accurate is that you can see the reticle AT ALL TIMES! Whereas, with a standard controller, the laser sight was only apparent when it was actually OVER the target, otherwise it could easily get lost. Plus, the Wiimote is way quicker than controlling the laser sight with the control stick - a sensitivity adjustment option would've changed that, but one didn't exist.

Yes I forgot about that... (I didn't play GC/PS2 versions so I only knew it from the GC controller swap)

@trestres..You can't jump straight into hard mode with the CT... you have to start afresh with each difficulty setting.

Well, compared to MP3's, RE4's crosshair is a bit more shaky and difficult to aim, but manageable. It's better than the GCN/PS2 versions, at least.

|Y|A|O|I|
¯¯¯¯¯¯My anti-drug™

BengaBenga said:
I'm sorry, but this is clearly your own fault, although the auto-aiming that they always put into console shooters is left out, which probably explains why you miss more. A little more practice and you should have it over 90% again.
But you should be able to have a much ridiculously higher headshot percentage.

Did the old ones have auto-aim?

What about if you use GC on the Wii version, does it have auto aim on that? (I didn't try it out long enough to test)

Really. I mean it has somewhat of a learning curve for using the Wii IR but yea.

Only other explanation I can give is that you have a really shaky hand with bad hand to eye coordination haha. I mean cause that's to tell ya the truth what it takes cause it's implemented very well.