By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Why this generation has already been decided

I have no doubt that the Wii will be less than a million behind the 360 by the end of July, but even with the rumored Dragon Quest Swords bonus shipments, I'm not really expecting the Wii to pass by the 360 till early-mid August.

Personally I'd love to see it pass it on my birthday, July 19th. ;)

Nobody is crazy enough to accuse me of being sane.

Around the Network

People never own up to mistakes.

- Prediction: PS3 will sell most. Price no matter. People Pay.

- Excuse After: Well it obvious that price too high, it still a better system though.

- PRediction: Six-Axis will be good as Wii.

- Excuse After: It was only gimmick anyway, stop making so big deal. 

- PRediciton: PS3 will sell most when released Europe.

- Excuse After: No one said Europe sales would make it win, stop saying we claim stuff.

- Prediction: Motorstorm will make PS3 win.

- Excuse After: Well it just one game, more to come.

- Prediction: Virtual Fighter Five will make PS3 win.

- Excuse After: Well it just one game, more to come.

- Prediction: Price Cut and more games will make PS3 unbeatable.

Now we waits.

End of 2007 Predictions:

Wii =18m

360=14m

PS3=7m

DS=64m

PSP=30m

TheBigFatJ said:

Further, before the end their Xbox generation may be tarnished significantly because the Xbox 360 failure issues will almost certainly get far, far worse before they get better. Even if MS could magically fix the issue and only the first 10 million units would be affected, it would be a significant issue over the next few years. Failure rates *will* increase with time and the mainstream media is virtually assured to take notice.

Hey J, Thanks for stating this.

I've been harping about this for awhile now, and will little to no written acknowledgement about it. I'm happy to see I'm not the only one on this board who notices MS's Achilles heel of their faulty hardware.

It’s amusing how people feel that the casual customer is going to re-buy and invest in a shotty equipment. I think that unless MS does something now about their hardware problems, they will see a small rise in number ( in the long run ), but as the percentages and figures grow about the failure rates, the number of systems sold will shrink.

I think Sony’s best chance at a rebound is going to be a combination of winning the format war, plus taking advantage of this critical weakness of 360.

That all holds its hat on the hope that Sony actually developed a quality product this time and PS3 won’t become PS2 Jr. (In regards to hardware problems.) I haven’t heard too much about PS3's problems, but I do know a good mate of mine recently bought one, and it wouldn’t work out of the box...

"There are three types of lies : Lies, damned lies, and statistics." - Benjamin Disraeli ( Made famous by Mark Twain )

PSN ID: DeviantPathways

Wii Number: 0081 3044 1559 2355

kber81 said:

John Lucas will be proven wrong with his silly prediction soon and constantly. We already know Wii won't outsell X360 in July (people love the box ). Second half of the year with huge titles from next gen camp (Halo, GTA, Lair, Heavenly Sword, Ratchet, MGS4...) definitely won't help Wii to achieve 20 million. I expect a major decrease in Wii's sale soon.

@ John Lucas

Do you even allow such option like - you are wrong?

You should see the broad smile on my face, kber81.

People love the Box in USA and maybe Australia. Elsewhere it's sort of meh.

Those games will boost 360, sure, but that will have no effect on Wii's ability to cash in on the XMas rush. And those games with the exception of a couple (Halo 3 and GTA4) are not necesarily system sellers. MGS4 is not coming out this year and you already know my ultimate stance on that (i've repeated it ad nauseam that it won't see the light of day on PS3).

The major decrease was supposed to happen within this summer season. But Wii's selling like launch still now. There was an AP report about people still getting in lines for Wii just today (saw it on my Wii News Channel coincidentally). September will be the beginning of new rockets for this system. Holiday season 07 will make Holiday Season 06 look like an utter joke Wii-wise.

Failure is not an option, no, kber81.

All I can say is wait on the hourglass.

Here's a clue to Wii's July boosts: Wii online with Pokémon Battle Revolution in USA and summer break from school.

Underestimate the Wii......at your own peril.

John Lucas 

Words from the Official VGChartz Idiot

WE ARE THE NATION...OF DOMINATION!

John Lucas is very wise.

End of 2007 Predictions:

Wii =18m

360=14m

PS3=7m

DS=64m

PSP=30m

Around the Network

I love John Lucas.

johnlucas said:

The major decrease was supposed to happen within this summer season. But Wii's selling like launch still now. There was an AP report about people still getting in lines for Wii just today (saw it on my Wii News Channel coincidentally). September will be the beginning of new rockets for this system. Holiday season 07 will make Holiday Season 06 look like an utter joke Wii-wise.

Here's a clue to Wii's July boosts: Wii online with Pokémon Battle Revolution in USA and summer break from school.

John Lucas

That's a lot of Wii's to sell in one month John, has anyone got any data on whether there actually will be any more Wii's shipped this month? So far the data over the last few months shows pretty consistant sales. Also, I don't think Pokemon on the Wii is as big of a system seller as maybe Nintendo may have thought... Obviously I'd love to be wrong and hope that you are in fact correct. (Except that Pokemon BR isn't a great game so if it doesn't sell so well, well it didn't deserve to). I want the best games to come to the Wii.. Usually Nintendo sells less product in July... so this trend kinda goes against the huge jump in sales you expect to see happen.

Prepare for termination! It is the only logical thing to do, for I am only loyal to Megatron.

DarkNight_DS said:
johnlucas said:

John Lucas

That's a lot of Wii's to sell in one month John, has anyone got any data on whether there actually will be any more Wii's shipped this month? So far the data over the last few months shows pretty consistant sales. Also, I don't think Pokemon on the Wii is as big of a system seller as maybe Nintendo may have thought... Obviously I'd love to be wrong and hope that you are in fact correct. (Except that Pokemon BR isn't a great game so if it doesn't sell so well, well it didn't deserve to). I want the best games to come to the Wii.. Usually Nintendo sells less product in July... so this trend kinda goes against the huge jump in sales you expect to see happen.

Surely it is. But a lot can happen in one month. It wasn't that long ago when Wii was only half of XBox 360's near 10 million total worldwide sales and now they are near 1 million in difference.

No, I never have any data on their shipment rates. I just use my psychic powers to forecast. Hahaha.

No seriously, um, Pokémon Battle Revolution will sell units no doubt. It's tied in with the Diamond and Pearl Pokémons (why I do feel like singing that Prince song when I say those games' names?). Connectivity and the testing its Wi-Fi online is why it will sell not so much on the quality of the game. If quality of games always made a difference those Spider-Man 3's wouldn't be so high on the charts. Remember it doesn't take much to impress kids. I remember plenty of games I played as a kid back in the NES days that were simply gawdawful! Bad Street Brawler?!?! It just made no sense! Hahahaha!

I too want more quality than quantity on Nintendo systems. The 11 year drought in the N64/GC days gave Nintendo fans a more quality selection because of 3rd party exodus. The most popular system also picks up the most trash so I hope Nintendo curbs the natural flow of trash on the system somewha. It's inevitable some will show up but keep it under control.

The one thing I keep in mind when predicting Wii is that it is a trend breaker. It broke the rules of a post-holiday season slump and summer slump. The words "usual" and "Wii" just don't fit in the same sentence.

Believe the unbelievable when you think of the future of the Wii.

John Lucas

Words from the Official VGChartz Idiot

WE ARE THE NATION...OF DOMINATION!

johnlucas said:

Surely it is. But a lot can happen in one month. It wasn't that long ago when Wii was only half of XBox 360's near 10 million total worldwide sales and now they are near 1 million in difference.

No, I never have any data on their shipment rates. I just use my psychic powers to forecast. Hahaha.

No seriously, um, Pokémon Battle Revolution will sell units no doubt. It's tied in with the Diamond and Pearl Pokémons (why I do feel like singing that Prince song when I say those games' names?). Connectivity and the testing its Wi-Fi online is why it will sell not so much on the quality of the game. If quality of games always made a difference those Spider-Man 3's wouldn't be so high on the charts. Remember it doesn't take much to impress kids. I remember plenty of games I played as a kid back in the NES days that were simply gawdawful! Bad Street Brawler?!?! It just made no sense! Hahahaha!

I too want more quality than quantity on Nintendo systems. The 11 year drought in the N64/GC days gave Nintendo fans a more quality selection because of 3rd party exodus. The most popular system also picks up the most trash so I hope Nintendo curbs the natural flow of trash on the system somewha. It's inevitable some will show up but keep it under control.

The one thing I keep in mind when predicting Wii is that it is a trend breaker. It broke the rules of a post-holiday season slump and summer slump. The words "usual" and "Wii" just don't fit in the same sentence.

Believe the unbelievable when you think of the future of the Wii.

John Lucas

Ok, since your just making numbers up and not basing on any precedent then you can basically assume that the Wii will sadly not overtake the 360 this month....  Any increase in shipments should have taken place last week when Pokemon came out...  it seems like the increased shipment for that game was only a slight bump. 

I don't remember liking any game that I would consider to be crap today. I played all the big games on the NES and stayed away from the bad ones...  I guess Nintendo Power helped sway my decisions at the time.

It'd be nice if Nintendo tried to push it's Gold Seal quality assurance program...  I know it was kind of a joke back in the day since the NES got so many crappy games anyway.  I also realize that third parties would freak out if they saw that their games would be QA controlled.  It just seems with the Playstation rise, came the rise of a lot of horribly bad developers.  I was hoping for a slight game crash to wipe out the bad developers... this doesn't look like it will happen.  :( 

Prepare for termination! It is the only logical thing to do, for I am only loyal to Megatron.

ok. I read half of the first page. I'm gonna point this little thing out really quick.

First of all. I would say 75% of Profit from the PS3, will not come from the gameing division. I think it will come from the movies division.

Second. Sony sucks and will loose this console war, because sony sucks, has always sucked, and will always suck. Just like the PS2. PS2 Sucks. It sucks alot. Nintendo is my god, I worship nintendo every day. I worship my Wiimote like an adult toy!
Oh wait. I hate the Wii. I hate nintendo's new direction. Snap.

PSN ID: Kwaad

I fly this flag in victory!