By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Final Fantasy VII Remake Imminent!

The thing is they are never going to say 'We are going to have a really truly average game announcement at this event, honestly you won't give a shit', they will always hype a future announcement up beyond its scale. They may announce FFVII but this is nothing liking confirmation of it.

Around the Network

Square-Enix has said several times that they are shifting their resources awa from the PS3 and to the Wii. So I really dont think we will hear about any new PS3 games for a while. Instead I think they will try to go the Wii route for a while as long as the Wii is the dominant console in Japan.

So I really doubt that FF7 will come to PS3. But I wouldnt have anything against it ;)

FFVII: Advent Children.

full HD FF advent children on bluray - with FF7 remake in the extras section that plays on your ps3?

...not much time to post anymore, used to be awesome on here really good fond memories from VGchartz...

PSN: Skeeuk - XBL: SkeeUK - PC: Skeeuk

really miss the VGCHARTZ of 2008 - 2013...

This is old, and we can still hope.

@ skeeuk, I am hoping for that, but a XIII demo also thrown in would really sweeten up the deal!

I'm betting it's info on FF Versus XIII, complete with a new trailer or something.

EDIT: Actually, if it's concerning Advent Children, then it's probably a special release on Blu-Ray.

"'Casual games' are something the 'Game Industry' invented to explain away the Wii success instead of actually listening or looking at what Nintendo did. There is no 'casual strategy' from Nintendo. 'Accessible strategy', yes, but ‘casual gamers’ is just the 'Game Industry''s polite way of saying what they feel: 'retarded gamers'."

-Sean Malstrom

Around the Network

2 weeks ?? i'm excited

Nomura and the KH team are busy with the 2 KH for psp and DS as well as FFvsXIII. Kitase and his team are busy with FFXIII and, apparently, Dissidia. Is there any other Squaresoft team left for a big project or could Kitase start one? Don´t think so, but a normal project he could.

But the compilation of FFVII is not over plot-wise, so eventually another FFVII related game will be produced, unless they decide to make an extended FFVII remake with expanded story, characters and timeline.

I bet the announcement is that FFXIII is actually just vaporware and Final Fantasy Versus XIII is actually FFXIII and it is exclusive to the PS3.

You heard it here first

When they remake FF7, I'll have to ignore it. I prefer to have my memories of the game intact. Since I'm not as big of a fan of JRPGs anymore, I'm afraid I'll just be wasting my money.

I give this thread a 9.6.

Thank god for the disable signatures option.

FFVII remake would be the best announcement ever, and that it has been under development since the tech demo.

I don't need your console war.
It feeds the rich while it buries the poor.
You're power hungry, spinnin' stories, and bein' graphics whores.
I don't need your console war.

NO NO, NO NO NO.