By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Final Fantasy VII Remake Imminent!

I call Star Ocean or Infinite Undiscovery multi-plat.

Or both.  It makes the most sense for "Swinging the ball back"

With the Advent Children announcement being something different... and underwhelming.

At best it'd be a port on PSN anyway. I beleive they said they'd never think of remaking FF7 unless they could get everybody back together. Which I believe would include that guy at Mistwalker.

Around the Network

I call IU and SO multi-plat and FFVII.

Setting my hopes high! I'd be happy so long as one of those things happened.

DMeisterJ said:
I call IU and SO multi-plat and FFVII.

Setting my hopes high! I'd be happy so long as one of those things happened.

I think SO4 is much more likely, since the IU property is owned by Microsoft

Anyone else find it kind of hypocritical when it comes to SO4? They put FFXIII on the 360 because it made sense financially and in terms of sales, but yet SO4 remains exclusive?

I have many doubts about this.

SE now only wants easy cash,and theres nothing easier that truackloads of money for just a name ,be it UI or SO4.That has been seen clearly with the hipocritical manner they justified the passing of FFXIII to the X360 for a new-found multiplattform love but at the same time keeping SO4 and UI exclusive for the 360.

Now ,if Sony finally understood they need SE for winning Japan and are willing to make an exception to their "not giving out cash or funding games" policy with SE ,everything could happen.

As for the announcement I dont know ,it can be anything from Chocobo Dungeon on the PS3 or PSP to a new game on the PS3 about Advent Children.Or even the FFVII remake.That game cant be ported to the DS,it was 3Cds after all with tons of graphics ,music,items and cutscenes.

kanariya said:
Don't start the hype if they aren't 2 years into the development already.

I don't want to wait 4 years for another SE title.

I say stfu if it's not near complete.

Word. It could be a FFVII + Chrono Trigger remake being released on one disc, but if it's not coming out in 1-2 years, I couldn't care less.

My Top 5:

Shadow of the Colossus, Metal Gear Solid 3, Shenmue, Skies of Arcadia, Chrono Trigger

My 2 nex-gen systems: PS3 and Wii

Prediction Aug '08: We see the PSP2 released fall '09. Graphically, it's basically the same as the current system. UMD drive ditched and replaced by 4-8gb on board flash memory. Other upgrades: 2nd analog nub, touchscreen, blutooth, motion sensor. Design: Flip-style or slider. Size: Think Iphone. Cost: $199. Will be profitable on day 1.

Around the Network

maybe for the PSP ?

Sony = PSP, PS2, PS3

Time to Work !

I'm interested in knowing what SE is going to give Sony.

• 2010 MUST Haves: WKC, Heavy Rain, GoWIII, Fable III, Mass Effect 2, Bayonetta, Darksiders, FFXIII, Alan Wake, No More Heroes 2, Fragile Dreams: FRotM, Trinity: SoZ, BFBC2.
  • Older Need To Buys: Super Mario Bros. Wii, Mario Kart Wii, Deadspace, Demon's Souls, Uncharted 2.

There is definitely more to list that I want, but that's my main focus there.

Diomedes1976 said:
I have many doubts about this.

SE now only wants easy cash,and theres nothing easier that truackloads of money for just a name ,be it UI or SO4.That has been seen clearly with the hipocritical manner they justified the passing of FFXIII to the X360 for a new-found multiplattform love but at the same time keeping SO4 and UI exclusive for the 360.

Now ,if Sony finally understood they need SE for winning Japan and are willing to make an exception to their "not giving out cash or funding games" policy with SE ,everything could happen.

As for the announcement I dont know ,it can be anything from Chocobo Dungeon on the PS3 or PSP to a new game on the PS3 about Advent Children.Or even the FFVII remake.That game cant be ported to the DS,it was 3Cds after all with tons of graphics ,music,items and cutscenes.

With today's superior compression the game could probably fit on 1 CD. That is why DS cartridges that aare only 256mbs compare to 700mb cds. Though it would be more expensive, the would have to probably use a 512mb cartridge for the game if it was to be ported to the ds. I wouldn't want the game on the DS though , since Imo it is average at best.

I'm not sure tthat there's an announcement that equals the one they gave on E3 but one can only hope...

End of Year prediction:

wii: 37 m

360: 24 m

PS3: 20 m

sc94597 said:
NiKKoM said:
I'm gonna bet the announcement is a sequel to FFVII.....

Dirge of Cerebus... everybody who finished the game knows that...

There are people who actually finished that game? (:

Yup.. I did.. in the end the badguy who is dead got picked up by another guy and he says something like.. you can't die yet it isn't over yet... screen fades to black... >>>>> sequel!!.. so my money is on a Dirge of Cerebus sequel..

Face the future.. Gamecenter ID: nikkom_nl (oh no he didn't!!)