By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Final Fantasy VII Remake Imminent!

The latest 1UP Yours E3 2008 Podcast has some interesting rumors on a to-be announced Final Fantasy game.

Near the end of the podcast, Shane states that he has been speaking to representatives from Square Enix, who have told him that "Final Fantasy XIII on 360 announcement swung the ball towards Microsoft.

At Square Enix's Japan event in 2 weeks, they will swing the ball back towards Sony".

Square Enix has also gone on record stating that at their event they would make a mind blowing announcement concerning FFVII: Advent Children.

These announcements have got me really hyped for Square's event and if the rumors prove true I would not care at all for FFXIII going multi-plat.

Link:http://scrawlfx.com/2008/07/new-final-fantasy-exclusive-for-the-ps3

Feel free to add me as your friend-PSN ID: Bobo012893

Around the Network

The last announcement Square-Enix hyped turned out to be that three Chocobo games were going to be released this year. So don't get your hopes up too much.

Chocobo PS3 game confirmed. BAM. And you thought you Wii guys were going to be the only ones with the Chocobo goodness. Psh.

Don't start the hype if they aren't 2 years into the development already.

I don't want to wait 4 years for another SE title.

I say stfu if it's not near complete.

OMG not another FFVII remake thread, they remake FF and DQ games by number so FFV and FFVI need to be remake before.

Around the Network

I think its too early for a FFVII remake. What are they going to release that is revolutionary for the game? I mean it had cut scenes, stereo sound, polygons, rumble ect. The game will look and play better but have nothing new. Remaking FFVI would make more sense.

Final Fantasy XIV for PS3 confirmed!

||Tag courtesy of fkusumot - "Heaven is like a Nintendo theme park!"||Join the Medal of Honor: Heroes 2 American League HERE!||

MANUELF said:
OMG not another FFVII remake thread, they remake FF and DQ games by number so FFV and FFVI need to be remake before.

FFV Advanced and FFVI Advanced

Milking the past is SE expertise, so why not.

Plus the remake is a safe bet for success.

Final Fantasy VII Advent Children Sequel for the PS3?

Not really sure if there is a story there...