By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Final Fantasy VII Remake Imminent!

Bobo012893 said:

The latest 1UP Yours E3 2008 Podcast has some interesting rumors on a to-be announced Final Fantasy game.

Near the end of the podcast, Shane states that he has been speaking to representatives from Square Enix, who have told him that "Final Fantasy XIII on 360 announcement swung the ball towards Microsoft.

At Square Enix's Japan event in 2 weeks, they will swing the ball back towards Sony".

Square Enix has also gone on record stating that at their event they would make a mind blowing announcement concerning FFVII: Advent Children.

If they will have an announcement concerning AC, then why do you think it will be a remake of VII, cause that's not Advent Children.

''Hadouken!''

Around the Network

In the context of this rumor, a game based on Advent Children makes more sense I think.

''Hadouken!''

Well, could be a SO4 announcement for the PS3. Who knows?

They will also make FF7 available for PSN and Xbox Live

Sounds like if there IS a remake, it will come to both PS3 and Xbox360...maybe timed exclusive for PS3

⌐⌐

Final Fantasy VII will never die!

''Hadouken!''

Around the Network

Stop with the FF7 remake bs. Never going to happen. It was a great game, we don't need them effin it up with a remake.

Official member of the Xbox 360 Squad

Again, in the context of that rumor, as it speaks about AC, a FFVII remake would be disagreeing with the rumor, cause FFVII is not FFVII:AC. But if they make a remake, then the only thing I can think of that Square should add to the game is being able to fight the Weapons in the Battle Arena. (And maybe making the Weapons stronger). Nothing more than that is needed. But of course, when you remake it, you might just as well throw some new hidden items all over the world, just for us die-hards to have something new to do. :)

''Hadouken!''

Ajax said:
Again, in the context of that rumor, as it speaks about AC, a FFVII remake would be disagreeing with the rumor, cause FFVII is not FFVII:AC. But if they make a remake, then the only thing I can think of that Square should add to the game is being able to fight the Weapons in the Battle Arena. (And maybe making the Weapons stronger). Nothing more than that is needed. But of course, when you remake it, you might just as well throw some new hidden items all over the world, just for us die-hards to have something new to do. :)

what if they completed the process for resurrecting Aeris/th?

hmm could this be what square will announce in august that will wow even there fan base

tag:"reviews only matter for the real hardcore gamer"

Yeah riiiight! S-E has spent 4 years on FFXIII's story. When would this game release? When I'm married with kids?

"Dr. Tenma, according to you, lives are equal. That's why I live today. But you must have realised it by now...the only thing people are equal in is death"---Johann Liebert (MONSTER)

"WAR is a racket. It always has been.

It is possibly the oldest, easily the most profitable, surely the most vicious. It is the only one international in scope. It is the only one in which the profits are reckoned in dollars and the losses in lives"---Maj. Gen. Smedley Butler