By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - 360 DVD better then PS3 Blu Ray for Gaming

Ah ha! So we're looking at this thread again?

http://uk.gamespot.com/pages/profile/show_blog_entry.php?topic_id=23916169&user=skektek

Yep, the DVD drive in the x360 is faster. Personally the installs don't bother me. I realise not everyone has put a bigger HD in their ps3 though and it's annoying that some installs aren't optional.

Around the Network
DMeisterJ said:
Failthread?

There are plenty of games that don't use installs, that are really good games. Uncharted comes to mind first. Ratchet does too.

So I'm not gonna put down a preference since awesome games don't have to have installs.

Uncharted has really long load times(way longer then most 360 games) and it DOES install.

All PS3 games install to the roughly 5gig cache reserved for just that on the HDD, otherwise load times would be trough the roof.

I really dont see the big problem with a 4 dvd games (like ff13 could be), i mean, Final fantasy games for previews ps systems came in 4 or 5 dvds, mgs came in 2 or 3, i dont remember, so, i really dont see the problem now.

End of 2011 (made 02/01/11) 
Wii: 99.453 m
Xbox 360: 67.837 m 
Ps 3: 60.726 m

Best Games/Serie of the Generation

Redcoat222 said:
I think the shortcomings of GTAIV (where of course multiple discs was entirely unfeasible) demonstrate which is better for gaming. If the game had been PS3 exclusive it would have been able to genuinely expand and improve on San Andreas, rather than receive a big graphical update at the expense of almost everything else.

Can I get an AMEN!

Keep this in mind when reading what I type...

I've been gaming longer than many of you have been alive.

slimeattack said:
Anyone who thinks that blu-ray drives are slower check wikipedia.

Just did, the wikipedia page does NOT mention any comparisons between dual speed blu ray and 12 speed DVD so I dont know why you mention it here as some sort of proof that BD is faster.

Around the Network

put it this way.

if 360 had bluray as standard would u moan 2 go back 2 dvd?

imo bluray is better than dvd for gaming and movies

...not much time to post anymore, used to be awesome on here really good fond memories from VGchartz...

PSN: Skeeuk - XBL: SkeeUK - PC: Skeeuk

really miss the VGCHARTZ of 2008 - 2013...

kanariya said:
Let see how would GT5 work if it's on DVD.

Do I change disc if I play certain tracks or pick certain cars?

So if I just done racing with the GT-R on Suzuka and I want to make a race on Daytona with the Ferrari, I need to change disc in between?

your right.. or what about halo 4? one disk for single playe and one for

Multiple players? so if i get an invite for something i have to switch disks? thats stupid.

actually, the people hating on game installs on PS3 proves some people are that impatient to gaming.

I played the game and didn't mind the install. Plus, I had to go to the bathroom, anyway.

PSN: NightStalker09/ SleepyK (Dual PSN Accounts)

"Don't mistake real hip hop with mainstream BS"- My damn self

i think somebody is reaching.

PSN: B_U_L_L_D_O_G_G

XBL: BiggBully

Wii: 6629 9857 7201 4139

SnakeEyez said:
DMeisterJ said:
Failthread?

There are plenty of games that don't use installs, that are really good games. Uncharted comes to mind first. Ratchet does too.

So I'm not gonna put down a preference since awesome games don't have to have installs.

Uncharted doesn't even load! It loads once (when u load ur save file) and then u can play the entire game w/o ever seeing a loading screen. I would guess that it doesn't fit on one DVD, but that's just me.

But its quite a lengthy load, and that is because its installing.

Play it again after turning it of and the initial load will be shorter because the files are still cached on the HDD, play another game inbetween Unchartered sessions and it is longer again because it has to reinstall files.