By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Sony rep states MGS4 will be out this year

http://www.exophase.com/ps3/metal-gear-solid-4-to-hit-this-holiday-season-1292.htm

http://www.vnunet.com/crn/news/2192689/sony-reveals-plans-win

Good news, IF its not just more smoke.

XBOX LIVE Gamertag: QuantumTarntno

Crackdown - Enchanted Arms - Oblivion - Samurai Warriors 2 - GRAW - GRAW2 -Lost Planet - Guitar Hero 2 - Star Trek Legacy - Double Agent - WWE 2007

Wii 4237-4425-6442-7626

Mario Party 8 - Rayman Raving Rabbids - Excite Truck - Zelda: Twilight Princess - Godfather - Wii Play

Around the Network

E3!! Bang 360 owners wont get there hands on metal gear solid any time soon, good news ps is comeing back with a bang!!

mM

Here is the key quote:

Titles due to hit the shelves in the Christmas run-up include the latest installment of favourites such as Grand Theft Auto, Metal Gear Solid, Ratchet and Clank, Crash Bandicoot and Jak and Daxter, he added.

Is there actually a Jak and Daxter game coming out this holiday season for the PS3? I don't mean this sarcastically, I'm just curious. Don't recall hearing that before... Anyway, sounds like good news if true. But I hope they don't really expect Crash Bandicoot to be a major seller anymore!

My Website

End of 2008 totals: Wii 42m, 360 24m, PS3 18.5m (made Jan. 4, 2008)

I'm pretty sure this is old news since the last trailer said the same thing.

Yeah...I'm expecting it to come out by Christmas...nothing new here...still cool though. If it didn't come out 2007, I'd call the PS3 dead, cause I wouldn't give a crap anymore.

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

Around the Network

Was still expecting it to hit Japan this Xmas, with a NA release in Jan or Feb (they did say it would arrive in this FY).

But Crash Bandicoot? & Jak? Haven't heard anything about either of these, except that a cross-platform Crash is in the works...

Gesta Non Verba

Nocturnal is helping companies get cheaper game ratings in Australia:

Game Assessment website

Wii code: 2263 4706 2910 1099

Very weird quote about Crash and Jak.

@Benkenobi88: Are you telling me the PS3 can't survive if MGS 4 isn't released this Holiday? You can't be serious...

Thanks to Blacksaber for the sig!

Well to add more confirmation to this:

I just saw the release list for PS3 at ign.com and they have a Jak and Daxter game listed so that means there is credibility to this claim probably.

It's listed as Jak and Daxter: The Lost Frontier and the date is TBA 2008.

So the guys working on Uncharted already have their next game planned and it's a return to their old series.

It seems both Insomniac studios and Naughty Dog have started this gen with a new IP and are gonna continue making the new franchise along with their already established one from PS2 days.

Thanks to Blacksaber for the sig!

BenKenobi88 said:
Yeah...I'm expecting it to come out by Christmas...nothing new here...still cool though. If it didn't come out 2007, I'd call the PS3 dead, cause I wouldn't give a crap anymore.

Strange thing to say.....

Yeah I've heard of the new Ratchet and Clank game but I have yet to hear anything about a PS3 Jak and Daxter. As for Ben's comments, I won't presume to speak for him but if MGS4 slips beyond this year in the U.S. and Sony's chances at coming back here would go from bleak to damn near nil.