By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Do Nintendo really never make new games?

people just like to ignore the whole Wii Sports, Brain Age business.

The "Mii"s are a cultural phenomenon, they count a lot more than people give them credit for.

for instance, once i found out FIFA utilizes Mii's, i'm getting it. otherwise, i won't.

a Nintendo version of Home using Mii's would be so big i predict it would dwarf even second life. miyamoto said nintendo thought about something like Home but rejected it, but they'd be stupid not to revisit that idea again with the surprise hit that is that Mii's.

i'm hoping for a Mii expansion pack available for download as an update one of these days. hopefully they'll announce that at E3... or something related.

the Wii is an epidemic.

Around the Network

Cook Mama although it's not a good game is a New IP

Slayer of God said:
Excite truck shouldnt count either but other than that it looks like a good solid list. anyone up to doing to same for type of list for Sony. It would be neat to compare.

Why's that?  I know they wanted to make something similar to Excite Bike but Excite Truck was a pretty far branch amd pretty original compared to Excite Bike.  They kept the overheating due to boost and that was about it.

Nintendo has created probably the 4 biggest franchises of the last 3 years.

Brain Training, Wii series, Animal Crossing and Nintendogs. You may not think they are "real games", but all of them are aiming to sell more than 5 million each.

And I´m pretty sure well get games with Miis, I think a Mii RPG and a Mii Shooter. Anyone would love to have Borat in his party or to kill Michael Jackson :)

Around the Network

@twesterm
Your argument makes good sense. I just feel that its a refreshed franchise, not a new IP. Thats all.

vanguardian1 said:
Fire Emblem, darnit! (one of my fav game series now) ;)

Fire Emblem is not a recent IP. The series has just been in the US recently, but it actually started on the Famicom. In fact, it is considered to be the first console strategy RPG, years before the US was introduced to them by Vandal Hearts and FF Tactics.

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

Plus, just for the hell of it: Kelly Brook at the 2008 BAFTAs

wow, that is an incredibly impressive list.

comes out to something like 5 new IPs per year. And it's amazing how many of those had million selling games.

What company comes close to that?

Help! I'm stuck in a forum signature!

So... does anyone have a list of other developers? i thought this thread was made to compare?

That argument of Nintendo 're-hashing' its franchises is just wrong. Hopelessly wrong. It's like your saying none of these games change with each sequal but they always re-invent themselves with each new game, even most of the stuff on the 360/ps3 is just the same game with a different title. People who make comments like that are ignorant and to them the idea of a long running franchise is and alien concept to them...even though they never seem to complain about Final Fantasy.