By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Do Nintendo really never make new games?

Jeez Diomedes, did Nintendo burn down your house and kill your family or something? Your posts have been on a steady decline since the PS3 Euro launch didn't perform as you expected. I actually used to look forward to your posts...now not so much.

Around the Network

altho its a nice discussion, do we mind we get all the time the same game?
i dont, fifa 94 till now, the same 1 new trick everyone goes wild.

i dont think its that much of a deal. humans like (doing the same thing all the time but i cant get the word right now).

alltho for example zelda is actually the same game but with new envirement but the same story. i dont mind and many more dont mind.

i think that almost everything is already done in games. so ill guess everygame isnt new.

but watch my words.

there will be a sims game using your miis instead of those simonians

life isn't complicated, just face it simple.

Y'know, the word "soccer" was coined by a Brit.

SW-5120-1900-6153

Darc Requiem said:
Jeez Diomedes, did Nintendo burn down your house and kill your family or something? Your posts have been on a steady decline since the PS3 Euro launch didn't perform as you expected. I actually used to look forward to your posts...now not so much.

No they tried but Sony rescued his children.

I noticed as well (like always) that he has disappeared from this thread now that he's been thoroughly proven wrong... so don't expect a response. 

Help! I'm stuck in a forum signature!

Nintendo doesnt really venture off of what made them the biggest company in gaming to start with. I compaired sony and Nintendo and Sony is weird. They find a popular franchise (Spyro, Crash Bandicoot) which sell in the million (I think Crash sold around 7 million and Spyro wasnt to far off) and when its really popular they sell the game rights to another publisher. I find that kind of odd dont you?

fgsduilfgasuklwgefidslzfgb4yiogwefhawi4fbielat5gy240bh3e

Around the Network
Diomedes1976 said:
your mother said:
Diomedes1976 said:
Three ,Wario Ware is a copy of Bishi Bashi in Playstation 1 .

I don't see WarioWare as a copy of Bishi-Bashi. Bishi-Bashi was originally an arcade game, and was later ported to the PS1. It was made by Konami, and is not Sony IP.

Besides, if you start counting mini-games as a basis for copying ideas, we can go all the way back to the original Track and Field series, which was done by - surprise! - Konami; arguably, Bishi-Bashi is just Hyper Sports/Track and Field without the athletic setting (although you can immediately see where some of the more classic "pie-toss" events from Bishi Bashi Special play exactly the same as the Javelin event from Track and Field).

I said in the PS1 ,not created for Sony for the Playstation one .If you prefer this ,Nintendo inspired themselves in Konami not on Sony in this one .

...and when did I claim it was created for the Playstation one?

RolStoppable said:
roadkillers said:
Nintendo doesnt really venture off of what made them the biggest company in gaming to start with. I compaired sony and Nintendo and Sony is weird. They find a popular franchise (Spyro, Crash Bandicoot) which sell in the million (I think Crash sold around 7 million and Spyro wasnt to far off) and when its really popular they sell the game rights to another publisher. I find that kind of odd dont you?

It's not that odd considering that Sony tried to grow into a more "mature" demographic over the course of the last few years. Games like God of War and Killzone fit into this scheme, while on the other hand games like Spyro and Crash might be considered as "kiddie" by their target demographic.

Ya but if Crash Sold in the Halo range why give it to a 3rd party developer? Why not to another Sony company? Thats like Microsoft selling Halo to THQ or some 3rd party developer and that will never happen.

fgsduilfgasuklwgefidslzfgb4yiogwefhawi4fbielat5gy240bh3e

roadkillers said:
RolStoppable said:
roadkillers said:

It's not that odd considering that Sony tried to grow into a more "mature" demographic over the course of the last few years. Games like God of War and Killzone fit into this scheme, while on the other hand games like Spyro and Crash might be considered as "kiddie" by their target demographic.

Ya but if Crash Sold in the Halo range why give it to a 3rd party developer? Why not to another Sony company? Thats like Microsoft selling Halo to THQ or some 3rd party developer and that will never happen.

well Sony had the third party support, so I suppose they decided they didn't need crash to keep them afloat. If MS sold off Halo they would have very little, since about 1/2 the xbox owners probably owned Halo or Halo 2.

Help! I'm stuck in a forum signature!