By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Do Nintendo really never make new games?

WiiGirl76 said:
Baten Kaitos, hellow!! And Blue3 can't you just stay in your own PS3 base instead of constant flaming in Nintendo threads?!

just doing what all the wii owners do.

Around the Network
omgwtfbbq  said:

Surely you can think of more than that, I'm no Sony fan but I think you're missing stuff like Singstar, SotC, GoW, amonst many others. Aren't we going all the way back to the beginning of last gen?

there not brand spanking new ips.

omgwtfbbq said:
Biggerboat said:
omgwtfbbq said:
Biggerboat said:
Blue3 said:
If they make a Mario fps, will that count for new ?

I think for the purposes of this thread, no. That's not to say that a game like Mario Strikers Charged is any less of a game or any easier to make because it features Mario & Co instead of fresh off the press charachters. It's not like they took Mario Sunshine's engine and threw in a football!

Maybe there would be a few less artists required for the development but Strikers & other Mario titles, ie. Golf/Tennis/Kart etc. are all great games and deserve more respect than 'lol,another mario clone!?!' type comments.

Are the detractors really saying that they would only play these games if they feautured non-established characters? If so I think that's pretty sad.

welcome to the boards!

I think most people seem to say that all Nintendo make are Mario games, despite the fact that they're all different, just to say that Nintendo aren't innovative. (although, how different would Mario Strikers have been if it was, say, a Basketball game? Or a Hockey game? I vote, not much at all.)

My point is that even if you ignore the differences in those games, Nintendo has created more new franchises than any other publisher or developer

Thanks

I agree the premise of a basketball, hockey or any other firing a projectile at a small goal sport would work well with Strikers engine, and I think that if N did indeed release those games in that fashion people might actually have a point when criticing them but until then I think poeple should play the games before passsing judgement. Also I'm from the UK so am happy they went with football(soccer to you yanks) as Hockey and Basketball aren't big here.

@ Blue3

Surely you can think of more than that, I'm no Sony fan but I think you're missing stuff like Singstar, SotC, GoW, amonst many others. Aren't we going all the way back to the beginning of last gen?

who you calling a yank?

Although we do call it soccer here in Australia, at least our "football" uses the feet.  

Apologies to all non-yank soccer fans.

Was actually in Oz for a year bout 18 months ago and got right into AFL. Go St Kilda!! 

Hus said:

Grow up and stop trolling.

Blue3 said:
omgwtfbbq  said:

But we're not discussing brand spanking new IPs, we're going as far back as 2000. I don't understand your point.

Hus said:

Grow up and stop trolling.

Biggerboat said:
Blue3 said:
omgwtfbbq said:

But we're not discussing brand spanking new IPs, we're going as far back as 2000. I don't understand your point.

point is iam to lazy to back 6 years.

Around the Network

Turn that phrase to Nintendo is not making any new hardcore games and it's mostly true with some exceptions...

Thanks to Blacksaber for the sig!

ckmlb said:
Turn that phrase to Nintendo is not making any new hardcore games and it's mostly true with some exceptions...

First off, saying "it's mostly true with some exceptions..." essentially means its not true ...

Nintendo continues to make new "Core" gamer IPs (Disaster: Day of Crysis), adapt existing IPs to make new "Core" gamer games (Batalion Wars), and to resurect old IPs that once represented "Core" gamer IPs (Metroid Prime).

well every game can be a hardcore game, for me a hardcore game is a game with much hours of duration, or a harcdore game is a game with many blood and boobs?

All these threads bashing Nintendo are train wrecks from the very title they get.
They all come down to the same thing: http://thewiikly.zogdog.com/article.php?article=75&ed=8

Man, it's scary how "these people" are predictable, and proven wrong time and time again.
Blue Ocean predicted their behavior too. Scary sheep mentality!
Seeing the best game developer in the world actually succeed seems to be impossible to believe to some people.

ookaze said:
All these threads bashing Nintendo are train wrecks from the very title they get.
They all come down to the same thing: http://thewiikly.zogdog.com/article.php?article=75&ed=8

Man, it's scary how "these people" are predictable, and proven wrong time and time again.
Blue Ocean predicted their behavior too. Scary sheep mentality!
Seeing the best game developer in the world actually succeed seems to be impossible to believe to some people.

I agree with you.

“In the entertainment business, there are only heaven and hell, and nothing in between and as soon as our customers bore of our products, we will crash.”  Hiroshi Yamauchi

TAG:  Like a Yamauchi pimp slap delivered by Il Maelstrom; serving it up with style.