By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - screw you nintendo, SCREW YOU

This officially confirms the fact that I don't need a Wii. Of course, another announcement could change that. It re-confirms what I've been saying all along - Nintendo is dominant but they are marketing to a different group.

If jRPGs started going to PC more like Last Remnant, I would be done with consoles completely.

"Naturally the common people don't want war: Neither in Russia, nor in England, nor for that matter in Germany. That is understood. But, after all, IT IS THE LEADERS of the country who determine the policy and it is always a simple matter to drag the people along, whether it is a democracy, or a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is TELL THEM THEY ARE BEING ATTACKED, and denounce the peacemakers for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger. IT WORKS THE SAME IN ANY COUNTRY."  --Hermann Goering, leading Nazi party member, at the Nuremberg War Crime Trials 

Conservatives:  Pushing for a small enough government to be a guest in your living room, or even better - your uterus.

Around the Network

The show was really disappointing, but getting angry about it is another thing...

lolita said:
the2bears said:
lolita said:
Why even talk about casual games in a GAMER event. I'm sure average Joe doesn't even know E3 and wouldn't even care!

Ah, but it's a media event first and foremost.  Not a "GAMER" event.

Yeah but what's the majority of people who actually watch it? Like I said average Joe doesn't care! We gamers do.

The audience is the media. The conferences are designed to convey each publisher's message to the general media. Nintendo, did that. This conference was for the media outlets that casual gamers read and watch.

The floor is catered for the speciality media and you can expect more announcemnts you care about there.

I dont understand why this is so hard to grasp. It's the 3rd year Nintendo has taken this Stradegy.

Check out the VGC Crunch this Podcast and Blog at www.tsnetcast.com

I don't get why everyone wants a Zelda game to have 1:1 controls.

Zelda's not that kind of game. Something else would have been nice though.

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

Even worse then last years.

Somehow. At least we got a Super Mario Galaxy release date last year...that was enough to make their E3 the best last year for me.

Only thing that looks good is Wii Sports Resort.

Top 3 favorite games: Super Mario Galaxy, The Sims 2 (PC), The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker

Around the Network

You criticize Nintendo for showcasing what you term as 'casual' games. On the other hand for the millions of people buying the Wii, there is no such thing as a casual game. They are just trying out something that gives them a lot of fun. I think to appreciate what Nintendo are doing we have to break out of this mindset of a traditional gamer.

It is better to die on one's feet

then live on one's knees

senseinobaka said:
lolita said:
the2bears said:
lolita said:
Why even talk about casual games in a GAMER event. I'm sure average Joe doesn't even know E3 and wouldn't even care!

Ah, but it's a media event first and foremost.  Not a "GAMER" event.

Yeah but what's the majority of people who actually watch it? Like I said average Joe doesn't care! We gamers do.

The audience is the media. The conferences are designed to convey each publisher's message to the general media. Nintendo, did that. This conference was for the media outlets that casual gamers read and watch.

The floor is catered for the speciality media and you can expect more announcemnts you care about there.

I dont understand why this is so hard to grasp. It's the 3rd year Nintendo has taken this Stradegy.

Ugh I know its just I remember previous E3 being better/more fun to watch for gamers... Now it's casuals everywhere.

Where are the mods? This is just a variation of the Sony suicide trolsl whining about FF13, there was nothing at the conference that should have been seething and whining like this.

Tag - "No trolling on my watch!"

Hawkeye said:
thanny said:

ok so its after 3.am and im tired as hell which probably doesnt help.

but i am PISSED

EVERY game they showed was casual. not ONE GAME made me feel like i wanted to play it. the promised so much, and they had SO MUCH POTENTIAL. they could have pwnd e3 but instead they did the unimaginable and were ACTUALLY WORSE then last year. i have been a huge fan of nintendo all my life and this is really the first time i have been genuinely disappointed and angry at nintendo. EVERY SINGLE GAME THE SHOWED WAS CASUAL! sure i guess 1:1 motion is good, but i dont want another crap wii sposrts game i will never play again! And then wii music - theres not even any skill! just move your body, and hey, wii will make cool noises so you feel good about your own lack of abiliy to play a real instrument

after every game i though - ok they must be done now time for the good stuff. the ONLY cose wii game we heard of was COD. and we already knew about that! i just wasted an hour of my life i should have spent sleeping because i was hoping nintendo actually had something good coming out that would interest me. WTF! And that woman made me want to pull out a knife, which didnt help either. Every single one of them was well and truly forcing every emotion they displayed, it was so mind-numbingly obvious.

Where was the first party effort? i am in disbelief at the lack of Nintendo made games that arent just crap, because afterall they are the best devs in the world. all the games that i am even slightly interested in - arent even by nintendo!

Way to screw us guys who help you together in the cube era, YET AGAIN nintendo. i could go on and on but ive already lost hours of sleep for this crap.

I agree with you. But keep in mind GC had some great games, and Animal Crossing is like Mario Kart- its fun for everyone. But really, thats the only f***ing Wii game they are making all year. WHERE WAS CHRONO TRIGGER, FIRE EMBLEM, OR WARIO LAND? Those games are already made and they didn't even bother to show them.

Why would they show off an Snes game? Or a DS game that is a direct port of an Snes game?

Hmm did you guys expect more? E3 isn't as big as it was at one time, microsoft only had one huge announcement yesterday. If you watched the whole thing it was actually dull. Same with Nintendo, I bet sony for the most part will be the same.