By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo's E3 furthers N's commitment to destroying the industry

Dgc1808 said:
Anyone remember the game cube and how bad it did??? Now Nintendo is taking a different approach. They can't touch SONY and MS in the hardcore department so just move on the the casual peripherals, cheap console, and rake in the cash!

In fact I fail to see a more hardcore game than Sack and Wiki (They are very rare) or an easy pick and play mini games like Wii sports (Remembering how easy was to start with Packman, Space Invaders or Tetris but it was really hard to master them), but probably is just me...

By me:

Made with Blender + LuxRender
"Since you can´t understand ... there is no point to taking you seriously."
Around the Network

I'm so tired of having fun with video games and having my mom actually play and understand how fun games are. I wish she would go back to before when she thought i was werid and told her friends how i would play for hours rotting my brain, instead of telling all her friends that it is actually fun to play with.

"Like you know"

DTG said:

I'm sickened by Nintendo's presentation thus far and am even more worried for our industry's future.

All of Nintendo's video's and commentary focused on the aspect of "fun" and enjoyment of players who were shown forcing smiles to demonstrate their joy.

It is this obsessive focus on throwaway entertainment and fun that is destroying the possible artistic merits of videogames. No videogame showed at Nintendo's E3 thus far boasted a deep though provoking storyline or an inspiring art-design or emotional value. They were merely hollow games for pick and play entertainment. Nothing deeper, nothing you can take anything more valuable away from.

Sure the movie industry is driven by throaway entertainment as well but it still has it's Immar Bergmans and others who create thought provoking, artisticly inspired pieces. Nintendo's presentation did not show any commitment to anything comparable in videogames.

Absolutely priceless :)

The industry booms, almost solely thanks to Nintendo - and you are "worried about the industries future" - nice one!

As I talk about in my other thread about this, Nintendo HAVE those artistic games - but INTENTIONALLY didn't show. They are sending a REALLY strong message about the future, and the driving forces for the future.

( http://www.vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=33612&start=50 )

So what games do YOU like? Give us all some *examples* of a "inspiring art-design" (graphics) or "emotional value" (graphics?).

I personally prefer immersion to graphics, and feel that it has a much bigger emotion value than just "watching something". For example, 1:1 sword fighting in the new Wii Sports...

Gesta Non Verba

Nocturnal is helping companies get cheaper game ratings in Australia:

Game Assessment website

Wii code: 2263 4706 2910 1099

Have trashy romance novels killed literature? Has shitty paintings that exists in far far greater quantities done anything to peoples opinions of good paintings? Did the latest summer blockbuster kill off the next big deep movie that will be released? Absolutely not.

Stop whining about games you dislike being released. There is an extremely large market for those games, and Nintendo is out to make money. It is unbelievably annoying how you assume no artists vision can ever be to create a simple and fun experience. Shut up and move on already.

Starcraft 2 ID: Gnizmo 229

shams said:
DTG said:

I'm sickened by Nintendo's presentation thus far and am even more worried for our industry's future.

All of Nintendo's video's and commentary focused on the aspect of "fun" and enjoyment of players who were shown forcing smiles to demonstrate their joy.

It is this obsessive focus on throwaway entertainment and fun that is destroying the possible artistic merits of videogames. No videogame showed at Nintendo's E3 thus far boasted a deep though provoking storyline or an inspiring art-design or emotional value. They were merely hollow games for pick and play entertainment. Nothing deeper, nothing you can take anything more valuable away from.

Sure the movie industry is driven by throaway entertainment as well but it still has it's Immar Bergmans and others who create thought provoking, artisticly inspired pieces. Nintendo's presentation did not show any commitment to anything comparable in videogames.

Absolutely priceless :)

The industry booms, almost solely thanks to Nintendo - and you are "worried about the industries future" - nice one!

As I talk about in my other thread about this, Nintendo HAVE those artistic games - but INTENTIONALLY didn't show. They are sending a REALLY strong message about the future, and the driving forces for the future.

( http://www.vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=33612&start=50 )

So what games do YOU like? Give us all some *examples* of a "inspiring art-design" (graphics) or "emotional value" (graphics?).

I personally prefer immersion to graphics, and feel that it has a much bigger emotion value than just "watching something". For example, 1:1 sword fighting in the new Wii Sports...

His response will be Metal Gear Solid and maybe Killer7.

Starcraft 2 ID: Gnizmo 229

Around the Network

I cannot help being amused at people and the great concern expressed about this or that individual game while they totally missed the fact that Nintendo just revolutionized gaming -again-

When the British Navy launched the Dreadnaught, it made every other battleship in the world obsolete overnight. When Nintendo announced real time 3-D motion control they did the same thing to video gaming. It won't happen overnight but in less time than most imagine, we will wonder how we ever thought playing a game with our thumbs was anything less than lame.

Those of you that think this is a ridiculous idea meet me here at this forum in one year and see how you things are looking then.

I really don't agree with the OP, but iuf this Press event is any indication of where Nintendo wants to go, it does concern me to some degree. I mean from the demonstration, Wii Music doesn't even seem like a game, but rather just a way for people to pretend they are a Musician. There didn't seem to be any point to it. there was no objective to it. honestly if this is the kind of stuff Nintendo wants to do with the Wii, I begin to question weather or not it's even a GAMING Console, or just an entertainment device. I seriously hope Nintendo shows more core stuff later this week. Otherwise I might start considering getting rid of my Wii.I was afraid this might be where the N was heading, i just hope I am wrong.

Nintendo held back the bulk of its announcements because it didn't want its announcements competing with those of the 360 and PS3. It's common sense really, pick and choose the terms of the battle.

Onimusha12 said:
Nintendo held back the bulk of its announcements because it didn't want its announcements competing with those of the 360 and PS3. It's common sense really, pick and choose the terms of the battle.

Sooo... Your saying that the number one company that cant keep its consoles or big games ON SHELVES would worry about the other two had to announce? I can see the meeting..

"Hey, we really should announce all these amazing games we have."

"No no, Sony or Microsoft might announce something that will make it so our fans dont think about us."

"..... HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!111 IT PRINTS MONEY!!!1!1 We're King of the world!! Almost double their combined install base!! They could announce Metal Gear Halo Turismo as a joint cross platform game and our latest Petz game would bury it in media attention!!"

I doubt thats their idea. Plus they announced all games being released on the Wii for this year. To call it lack luster is an understatment. http://wii.qj.net/E3-2008-Wii-games-release-schedule-for-the-rest-of-2008/pg/49/aid/122234

I own all three current consoles and a great gaming rig, now thats out of the way.

This space Reserved for the Nuggets of Wisdom dropped by Bladeforce:

"Why post something like this when all it will get is PS3 owners blinded to reality replying? BOTH THE PS3 AND BLUE-RAY WILL NOT LAST 3 YEARS! TECHNOLOGY CHANGED TOO FAST!"

"is it Wii FIt that has sold as many as PS3's sold? Thats a LOL Look at the total sales of software is it just me that sees Nintendo titles hitting 10m+ and you say they arent making a difference? Another LOL!"

"Hell, with all the negative hype Sony spin, people just aren't interested cost is too high and to get the true HD experience (1080p, 7.1 surround) you will need a $1000+ system. THAT IS GOING TO DO IT IN A RECESSION! PS4 will not happen"

We are saying, ah crap no core games.

MS and Sony are asking "How do we get a piece of that pie?"

Nintendo is just trying to keep enough toner in that printer.

I agree that there will be more casual games and crappy shovelware, however I don't see less hardcore games.

Hardcore games are like movies, as long as there are people who enjoy making them people will make them.

I would cite regulation, but I know you will simply ignore it.