By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo's E3 furthers N's commitment to destroying the industry

wrong comment box.

Around the Network

why have they changed animal crossing to the city, i enjoyed the country setting. AC is now just one more reason for me not to get a Wii.

Manchester United 2008-09 Season - Trophies & Records

Barclays Premier League 2008-09: 1st // UEFA Champions League 2008-09: Finals (Yet To Play) // FIFA Club World Cup: Winners // UEFA Super Cup: Runners-up // FA Cup: Semi-Finals // League (Carling) Cup: Winners // FA (Charity) Community Shield: Winners
Records: First British Team To Win FIFA Club World Cup, New Record for No. Of Consecutive Clean Sheets In Premier League, New English & British League Records for Minutes Without Conceding, New Record For Going Undeafeated In Champions League (25 games ongoing), First British Team To Beat FC Porto In Portugal, First Club To Defeat Arsenal At The Emirates In European Competition, First Team In English League Football History To Win 3 Titles Back To Back On Two Seperate Ocassions
NintendoMan said:
why have they changed animal crossing to the city, i enjoyed the country setting. AC is now just one more reason for me not to get a Wii.

Look at pictures. It still has the country setting.

NintendoMan said:

They didn't... they added a city that you can go to to sell stuff online in and such, but you still have your country village.  Now your friends can join you though online and they are packing it in with the new Wii Speak mic so you can talk online.

Garcian Smith said:
epicurean said:
Garcian Smith said:
epicurean said:
I don't mind the focus on fun, but other than COD and GTA:DS (which is going to be horrible), everything was focused on 4 year olds. Maybe 5 year olds. Wii music where you don't even have to hit any buttons? Are you kidding?

Games that don't have blood, weapons, and at least three decapitations are for 4 year olds. You heard it here first, folks.

Where did I say anything close to that? However, games where you hold a remote in front of your mouth and just move around ARE for 4 year olds, though. Mario Galaxy was great fun for all ages. So was Metroid. But the stuff they showed today, for the most part, is marketed at kindergartners, and parents who want to entertain them. Which there is a market for, and I'm fine with it that they are selling to that market, but I couldn't be less interested in it. However, if the fanboys want to defend that these games are for all ages, be my guest. I also have some toys from my 1 year old niece you might find interesting I could sell you.

Care to explain further, then, other than "lol motion controls are for non-gamers"?

@ Kasz216: Yep, I went through that phase too. It's called "being a teenager." Hopefully he'll grow out of it. ;)

It feels like you are nitpicking. You lifted a few lines from a several page analysis and refrained from commenting on anything else. You also did not comment on my third link.

Around the Network
Garcian Smith said:
epicurean said:
Garcian Smith said:
epicurean said:
I don't mind the focus on fun, but other than COD and GTA:DS (which is going to be horrible), everything was focused on 4 year olds. Maybe 5 year olds. Wii music where you don't even have to hit any buttons? Are you kidding?

Games that don't have blood, weapons, and at least three decapitations are for 4 year olds. You heard it here first, folks.

Where did I say anything close to that? However, games where you hold a remote in front of your mouth and just move around ARE for 4 year olds, though. Mario Galaxy was great fun for all ages. So was Metroid. But the stuff they showed today, for the most part, is marketed at kindergartners, and parents who want to entertain them. Which there is a market for, and I'm fine with it that they are selling to that market, but I couldn't be less interested in it. However, if the fanboys want to defend that these games are for all ages, be my guest. I also have some toys from my 1 year old niece you might find interesting I could sell you.

Care to explain further, then, other than "lol motion controls are for non-gamers"?

@ Kasz216: Yep, I went through that phase too. It's called "being a teenager." Hopefully he'll grow out of it. ;)

Care to even read my posts?  I already said galaxy and metroid were great fun for all ages.  Where do you get "lol motion controls are for non-gamers" from?  I didn't even mention motion controls. 

Owner of PS4 Pro, Xbox One, Switch, PS Vita, and 3DS

Oh lord this thread is a hoot.

But let's be honest, fun is obviously for kids and kids are dumb, thus if Nintendo = fun and fun = kids and kids = dumb, then Nintendo = dumb. And as for smiles, smiles are for hookers and politicians, is that what you want your video game console to be?

I don't want games that are intuitive, fun or that you can pick up and play, I want games that challenge the notion of "playability" and discourage you from enjoying the experience with awkward control schemes, confusing story telling and distracting movie length cut scenes all in order for you to earn, no, find your enjoyment of the game. Can you really call it a good game if you're not forced to justify its end value via the methodologies of Neiztche, Freud, Kafka and other great minds.

Anyone remember the game cube and how bad it did??? Now Nintendo is taking a different approach. They can't touch SONY and MS in the hardcore department so just move on the the casual peripherals, cheap console, and rake in the cash!

4 ≈ One

Onimusha12 said:
Oh lord this thread is a hoot.

But let's be honest, fun is obviously for kids and kids are dumb, thus if Nintendo = fun and fun = kids and kids = dumb, then Nintendo = dumb. And as for smiles, smiles are for hookers and politicians, is that what you want your video game console to be?

I don't want games that are intuitive, fun or that you can pick up and play, I want games that challenge the notion of "playability" and discourage you from enjoying the experience with awkward control schemes, confusing story telling and distracting movie length cut scenes all in order for you to earn, no, find your enjoyment of the game. Can you really call it a good game if you're not forced to justify its end value via the methodologies of Neiztche, Freud, Kafka and other great minds.

Yeah, I can only wonder how fun a game like "Also Speak Zaratustra" or "The Metamorphosis" could be... (And yes I have read those books and I like the second more than the first)...

By me:

Made with Blender + LuxRender
"Since you can´t understand ... there is no point to taking you seriously."

am not even sure I want a Wii anymore after watching their E3.... am actually regretting the DS I bought... pokemon was good though...

4 ≈ One