By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - I hope that Sony has something up their sleeve at E3 other then...

HOME. If that is all Sony announces as thier big feature the 360 put them in their place with that insane new dashboard. It will be interesting to see what Sony annouces. Game wise everyone knows what may be there God of War 3, etc.

I hope Sony has a surprise, if not it could be very damaging to them.

Now Playing: Crysis 2

Last Finished: BulletStorm

Online IDs: PSN: computermaximus, XBL: computermaximus

Around the Network

sony has so much up there sleeve this year there fucking shirts gonna rip

They had to have known about FFXIII for quite some time so i don't think they'll be caught with their pants completely down.

ff13 was the only big thing about ms conference. everything else was no real news or not that impressing.
FF13 was probably more a shock for the fans than for sony who probably have been informed some time earlier already.
I think sony would have liked to keep ff13 exclusive but with the dev costs of such a game its very hard to keep a 3rd party dev. exclusive and i guess the great sales of gta4 on both consoles combined were what lead to the decission. Porting a game to the 2nd platform probably is a lot cheaper and increasses sales by at least 60-80% so if you looking at 100 million or more dev costs then its very hard for a game studio to stay on one console.

so i guess se asked sony for money to stay exlusive which was probably to much for sony since they are focussed on profit this year.

quaiky said:

ff13 was the only big thing about ms conference. everything else was no real news or not that impressing.
FF13 was probably more a shock for the fans than for sony who probably have been informed some time earlier already.
I think sony would have liked to keep ff13 exclusive but with the dev costs of such a game its very hard to keep a 3rd party dev. exclusive and i guess the great sales of gta4 on both consoles combined were what lead to the decission. Porting a game to the 2nd platform probably is a lot cheaper and increasses sales by at least 60-80% so if you looking at 100 million or more dev costs then its very hard for a game studio to stay on one console.

so i guess se asked sony for money to stay exlusive which was probably to much for sony since they are focussed on profit this year.

What about a new dashboard, isn't that news? Or free netflix for gold? Or exclusive Fallout 3 content

Around the Network

back from driving lesson ,, and before i went i read the news bout FF and i got a headachewhat will sony do?? i don't think games will matter on ps3 anymore ,,maybe a motion controler ,, maybe a the Lunch of home ,,and if u ask  why not games???  because they didn't pay for GTA or FF or DMC or ........so why other games ?????i may be wrong ,, but if i'm right ,, then i believe sony is ok with the 3rd place and they gonna focus on profit

Munkeh111 said:
quaiky said:

What about a new dashboard, isn't that news? Or free netflix for gold? Or exclusive Fallout 3 content

It is news. But it doesn't mean it's good news. Do any 360 owners actually want a Mii?

Yes

quaiky said:

even if u r right ,,, isn't that enough???????????????????????????

:)

XGamer0611 said:

HOME. If that is all Sony announces as thier big feature the 360 put them in their place with that insane new dashboard. It will be interesting to see what Sony annouces. Game wise everyone knows what may be there God of War 3, etc.

I hope Sony has a surprise, if not it could be very damaging to them.

I don't hope you're serious about that. The dashboard alone has a very striking resemblence to the XMB. The avatars and the whole party thing, could be summed up as the bastard child of HOME and Mii's.

Anyway, you are right. Right now, Sony needs some serious damage control, more then God of War offers.

ion-storm said:
Munkeh111 said:
quaiky said:

It is news. But it doesn't mean it's good news. Do any 360 owners actually want a Mii?

YUP!!!

Love the product, not the company. They love your money, not you.

-TheRealMafoo