By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Sony lost a fan today>

kanariya said:
As long as GT5 is still on the PS3. I don't really care.

FF series has been disappointing me since VIII anyways.

GT5 is probably the only game that keeps me owning a PS3.

I give this thread a 9.4.

Thank god for the disable signatures option.

Around the Network
ssj12 said:
iclim4 said:

Man I hope what ssj12 is talking about delivers.
Sony's pretty much lost me as a fan, not because of FXIII becoming multiplat, but because of FFXIII being delayed further for Xbox360 development due to becoming multiplat. That and losing SO4 and ToV.

ssj12 said:
Soriku said:
So have you actually SEEN it or you're basing things off what these devs told you?

I have seen both with in-alpha screens.

Just screens?
I'd be more comfortable if you saw a small video or trailer.

Remember Crysis's screen shots look amazing and it looks better in motion.

There's also the chance that it will end up a jittery technical mess like Lair.
Though I'd rather be positive and stick with your assumption.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------                         iclim4 - "The Friends Thread changed my life!" (Pervert Alert!)                                            Tags? 

iclim4 said:
ssj12 said:

Remember Crysis's screen shots look amazing and it looks better in motion.

There's also the chance that it will end up a jittery technical mess like Lair.
Though I'd rather be positive and stick with your assumption.

SSJ12 is making it seem like SSCJ will be involved. If thats the case they have probablly been in development for this game since Ps3 was a thought.

misteromar mk4 said:
Sony fans are realy butthurt over this one, even more so if they get the poorer version of the game.

You're right on the first part, I don't know about the last one though. If you didn't realize, this game doesn't use the unreal engine.

"Dr. Tenma, according to you, lives are equal. That's why I live today. But you must have realised it by now...the only thing people are equal in is death"---Johann Liebert (MONSTER)

"WAR is a racket. It always has been.

It is possibly the oldest, easily the most profitable, surely the most vicious. It is the only one international in scope. It is the only one in which the profits are reckoned in dollars and the losses in lives"---Maj. Gen. Smedley Butler

Well stop saying is just SE fault, the dev process for the 360 is expensive, for the PS3 is even more expensive, and SE really wants to start catering to the West crowd.

So, I'm not really surprised, again, this just shows how this strategy (HD graphics, high budgets tittles, etc) was a bad step from the beginning, it caused very bad expectations and now that some dev put the game on another platform (In order to make more money) just because they need to recover all the money invested and make some profit, you just start to cry, you should be happy, clearly the game was suffering, and now it has more chances to make money, increase the fan audience and allowing SE to keep making more games like that...

By me:

Made with Blender + LuxRender
"Since you can´t understand ... there is no point to taking you seriously."
Around the Network
psrock said:

I have always argued, fought and defended this company. I owned : PSP, PS2, SONY WALKMAN. SONY CLIE, SE PHONE. I even bought the 60 gig PS3 at a high price because i always love this Company.

But today, I feel played. The only Game they couldnt lose, i mean i dont care if GTA, METAL GEAR went to MS as well, but to allow MS to gain access to the game i believe will represent this Gen inexcusable. I will not forgive them, i dont even care about their press conference because unless MARIO OR halo is announced Tommorrow, i could care less.

I might be overreacting, but that's how i feel right now. i feel so sick in the inside and Congrats to MS on making very nice decision.

i feel your pain. its the 1 game which i was trully looking forward to. its the main reason why i went with the ps3 this gen. but after this, i feel betrayed by sony.

i'm not even sure if i want to keep my ps3 seeing as of now, the ps3 doesnt really have anything to offer that the xbox360 cant (except for bd which i dont give a fuck). plus the fact that the xbox360 will have more jrpgs coming out for it just makes it more beneficial for me to sell my ps3 and join the darkside of the force.

yeah it is a pretty big blow,but tomorrow sony might announce somthing good

tag:"reviews only matter for the real hardcore gamer"

They will potentially lose another fan tomorrow unless they have an AWESOME E3 press conference lined up. Something along the lines of SOCOM: Confrontation is actually going to be released tomorrow, and Team ICO's project will be released by the end of the year (solid release date).

I'm not angry about FF13 going multiplatform. I really don't care about the game. What I am angry about is how lazy it seems like Sony is. There are ZERO traditional JRPGs that will be released any time soon. Again, I don't care too much about those, but I feel like Sony isn't paying attention to what gamers PS3 gamers want. The XBox360 has gotten the much better deal on the JRPG side of things. Even if Tales of Vesperia and SO4 do make their way to the PS3, what's to say it won't be a Japan only deal like Eternal Sonata is ATM? Why don't SCEA/E work on getting those to the western world? Hell, why not work on getting simultaneous release dates? FF13 is getting a SIMULTANEOUS release date for the XBox360 and PS3 in the west. It's not some timed exclusive, and I don't give a shit about when games release in Japan. SCEA can't even get timed exclusives.

First-party wise, what is taking SOCOM: Confrontation so long to make? What is Zipper Interactive doing? What is SCEJ doing? Why cancel Eight Days and The Getaway (which IIRC were still in preproduction)? What have they been doing the past 1.5 years since the PS3 has been released? Day-dreaming about making an AAA game? Working on porting PSP games to the PS2? Sony needs to work on getting some games out. I can count the number of worthy PS3 exclusive games on one hand. It's getting ridiculous how long they are making us wait for their games.

I love my PS3. I think it's the best console bar none. I can use any 2.5" HDD. I can use any blutooth headset. I can use just about any storage medium to transfer savegames/backup the system. It includes wifi and offers online play free of charge. But none of that matters when you have so few worthy exclusive games.

Come on Sony, show me that you can do something. Anything. Get Home out. Seriously, what the hell is taking Home so long? While you announce Home at E3 '07 and still haven't released a year later, MS has announced their avatar/party thing at E3 '08 and will probably get it out before you. Get cracking Sony, because it looks like you've been lazy asses for the past year.

iclim4 said:

Man I hope what ssj12 is talking about delivers.
Sony's pretty much lost me as a fan, not because of FXIII becoming multiplat, but because of FFXIII being delayed further for Xbox360 development due to becoming multiplat. That and losing SO4 and ToV.

I feel the same. I'm growing really tired of waiting for this game...

dtewi said:
Why the fuck does this matter?

Can you still play the game? YES!

Does it affect you that others will? NO!

Does Square's "disloyalty" affect ANYTHING besides more people playing the game? ONLY IF YOU MAKE IT SO.

Stop complaining.

It seems a lot of you are missing the point.

Since PS3 was announced, FFXIII has been the game that PS3 owners and fans have pointed to as the reason to own a PS3.

Now that reason is gone. Pretending that the PS3 lost no ground is covering the truth.

You cannot deny that this is devistating to PS3 owners. To do so is infact, not a real reaction, it's a stage.

This isn't about "Oh I can play the game anyway." You people need to learn to seperate the console wars from gaming. They are two different things. Gamers won, Sony console war people were destroyed with an atom bomb.

I don't need your console war.
It feeds the rich while it buries the poor.
You're power hungry, spinnin' stories, and bein' graphics whores.
I don't need your console war.

NO NO, NO NO NO.