By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - PlayStation 3 MGS4 bundle sales up 4,033% on Amazon

ssj12 said:
FishyJoe said:
I'll wait for NPD.

not coming, remember NPD pulled public numbers

It was a joke, maybe a little too inside I guess.

Around the Network

Well, right now the Wii is #1, PS3 40GB is #12, PS3 MGS4 is #52, 360 20GB is #80, and 360 elite is #94, and 360 arcade is #203.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/bestsellers/videogames/ref=pd_ts_pg_1?ie=UTF8&pg=1

Which tells me they didn't get much stock of the MGS bundle.

i saw one at my local k-mart and was really tempted to buy it but i just didn't have the money...

i wouldnt say amazon is a good indicator of sales

tag:"reviews only matter for the real hardcore gamer"

brute said:
i wouldnt say amazon is a good indicator of sales

Are you sure? Nancy Drew says differently.

Around the Network

guess SONY underestimated demand for the game and the 80GB, quite frankly so did I...

4 ≈ One

Lol...and they lose money on each on...nice!

"...You can't kill ideas with a sword, and you can't sink belief structures with a broadside. You defeat them by making them change..."

- From By Schism Rent Asunder

if the pricw of the mgs4 bundles i dont think they are losing much money if any at all

wow, no seals?

ffirebrand_cloud said:

From Talkplaystation:

Yes thats right. The Metal Gear Solid 4 Playstation 3 Bundle has shot up in sales by 4,033% at Amazon.com.

The bundle, which includes Konami Inc.’s latest Metal Gear Solid entry, held a 4,033 percent sales increase by Thurs. afternoon to rank at No. 6 in the Video Games division.

http://talkplaystation.com/mgs4-ps3-bundle-sales-up-4033/

Well, this was predictable, as Sony stated it would begin to restock the bundle on July 7th,; so expect high sales for the ps3 in North America in next week's numbers.

Note: Don't you think it was a really bad desicion from Sony not to meet demand for a bundle that consists of an ultra-hyped game until one month after the game's launch?

I think so.

Oh my ... welcome to VGChartz. I am a n00b too.

What, son, what? New York, New York!!!