By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - PlayStation 3 MGS4 bundle sales up 4,033% on Amazon

FishyJoe said:
I'll wait for NPD.

Hahahaha I was drinking water and actually spit some out when I read that.  Well played.

@ssj:

Go find the topics about NA sales after MGS4 and there are stock responses of "I'll wait for NPD" from certain members.  It's gotten to the point that instead of blatantly questioning this sites' numbers and claiming that we are undertracking the PS3 they just hope NPD will be their savior.  Can't see why as GTA launch and subsequent numbers have shown that NPD isn't going to come in and show HD domination.

Around the Network

guys #6 is not very good if they sold all the stock at once. The Wii is constantly above #6, it spends most of its time in the top 3, and a lot of time at #1. This is not a temporary thing, it stays there, the 80 gig bundle fell to #61 already. What that probably means is that the 80 gig bundle today sold quite a bit less than the wii on amazon even though it sold out.

currently playing: Skyward Sword, Mario Sunshine, Xenoblade Chronicles X

They didn't underestimate demand, they are purposely sending far too little because they take a bigger loss on each.

currently playing: Skyward Sword, Mario Sunshine, Xenoblade Chronicles X

slimeattack said:
tombi123 said:
It is proof that there is demand for the PS3...

On the MGS4 BC DS3 bundle. 40 gigs don't seem to be selling too well, don't they?

Perhaps thats why sony wants to rule out the 40gig and keep the 80gig bc.

It was a bit stupid to completely underestimate demand. Then again, the increase is from nothing, so it is not that great. I would expect US sales to be closer to 80k

Around the Network

welcome to VGChartz ffirebrand_cloud and as others have pointed out Amazon isn't a good sales indicator.

we've all seen other threads destroyed by people quoting Amazon numbers - on the PS3 80GB model, demand is certanily outsripping supply but is that the 80gb, MGS4 or just the whole bundled price?

If it's the 80Gb then great as there's a chance it will be long term demand but if it's MGS4 then interest will wane as soon as the next big game comes out and Sony will have lost an opportunity.

I guess 80gb will increase the sales but dont put too much hope in it.
the increase will be 20-25% at best (+10-20k ?).

Time to Work !

Duurrr why would a free game increase sales? Thats just crazy it makes no sense. Who the hell would want a free game with their purchase? So what if it's one of the greatest game of all time
it just makes no sense that sales would go up. I'd rather get no free game with my system it's like they are forcing me to get a free game eww.

At least thats what all these 360 fans seem to be saying. 360 fans love to pay for stuff that PS3 fans get for free *cough* online gaming.

/thread

Also

Amazon is sold out

U can still buy it here

http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/B0014WJ78E/ref=pd_ts_vg_62_oos?ie=UTF8&condition=all

but it looks quite expensive to me.
I thought it cost 499$, not 600$ !!

Time to Work !

mgs4 bundle should be kept up until xmas, its the best game this gen and a good inticement for a new purchaser.

i hope they also bundle LBP with a free sack doll LOL

...not much time to post anymore, used to be awesome on here really good fond memories from VGchartz...

PSN: Skeeuk - XBL: SkeeUK - PC: Skeeuk

really miss the VGCHARTZ of 2008 - 2013...