By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - PlayStation 3 MGS4 bundle sales up 4,033% on Amazon

Shameless said:
4033% of 0 is still 0.

I do make myself laugh.

Although I think that if they sold 0 last week then they wouldn't say that sales increased by 4033%

Around the Network

well we Americans, sure do love the 80gb PS3!!!

I enter Amazon and I dont see PS3 80gb bundle anywhere in the top.

ffirebrand_cloud said:
Kasz216 said:

Amazon is a horrible indicator of just about everything. Also the % it goes up isn't a sales %. It's the percentage of sales from the number it last was on the sellers list. (IIRC.)

During last December Gamecube was #5 on the Amazon best sellers list.

I understand that this percentage is in relation to the last week's low stock bundle, so it isn't like the sales will be very high, but it will be an improvement, because this bundle shipments are selling out as soon as they become available ( gamestop also reported selling on the web all of its July 7th shipment like two weeks ago). The last two weeks PS 3 sales in NA didn´t include this bundle sales, so the week corresponding to the shipment, will see an increase in PS3 sales ( in NA)

Look your new here.

Here's the thing.  People have tried to use these Amazon figures plenty of times to draw conclusions... it rarely works out well.

Amazon is an anomoly that just doesn't work when trying to draw conclusions about anything.

puertoecuanama said:
well we Americans, sure do love the 80gb PS3!!!

=/.  Not so difficult when the rest of the world doesn't got it.

Around the Network

i think if they maintain to meet the demand and keep selling the 80gb bundle sony will be doing good business

Are they sold out already? Does anyone know how many were shipped?

@slimeattack

i agree

lol

joseph said:
If sony can keep up with demand for this bundle for the next month or two then they can easily hit 16 million by October of 2008

Not if it eats into the 40 GB sales.

Currently playing on PS3: God of War III

Currently playing on Xbox360: Final Fantasy XIII

Currently playing on NDS: Chrono Trigger

FishyJoe said:
I'll wait for NPD.

not coming, remember NPD pulled public numbers

PC gaming is better than console gaming. Always.     We are Anonymous, We are Legion    Kick-ass interview   Great Flash Series Here    Anime Ratings     Make and Play Please
Amazing discussion about being wrong
Official VGChartz Folding@Home Team #109453