By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Most pathetic sales predictions you have heard?

I predicted that blastworks would sell 10k in it's second week, when the first week was only around 1k. It was incredibly stupid of me.

PSN- williwod

Remember, there are no stupid questions. Just stupid people- Mr Garrison

Around the Network
celine said:
Tbone said:

This, Wii-fit will outsell ps3.

Well in Japan it did

I blame WiiFit !

Yeah but i mean ww.

the ps3 not selling more than 100mill

I predict that the PS3 won't sell 100 million. I think that most sensible people would.

Proud member of the SONIC SUPPORT SQUAD

Tag "Sorry man. Someone pissed in my Wheaties."

"There are like ten games a year that sell over a million units."  High Voltage CEO -  Eric Nofsinger

For the PS3 to sell 100 million, it would either have to become insanely popular in Japan or America again or there would have to be AMAZING growth over last generation that doesn't lie solely in the Wii.

Around the Network
MontanaHatchet said:
For the PS3 to sell 100 million, it would either have to become insanely popular in Japan or America again or there would have to be AMAZING growth over last generation that doesn't lie solely in the Wii.

I'm not sure that the Wii will sell 100 million. It might barely do it. 100 million is an awful lot.

Proud member of the SONIC SUPPORT SQUAD

Tag "Sorry man. Someone pissed in my Wheaties."

"There are like ten games a year that sell over a million units."  High Voltage CEO -  Eric Nofsinger

GTA 4 killing Wii, PS3 reaching 100 M.

and that chart is pretty funny too.

obieslut said:
the ps3 not selling more than 100mill

This one scores high as well. I refer to Montana's post for the details. It comes down to this: There's no way in h*ll that the PS3 will sell 100 million. 

Might as well use some figures:

Japan: PS3 will be at 8 million max, and that's generous.
America: 360 will be the HD console of choice, I don't see the PS3 sell over 20 million in the America's, but let's say 30.

So how many PS3's do you think "Others" will buy? 60 million? With the Wii being insanely popular there as well and quite some competition from 360.

Anything that is posted by leo-j automatically qualifies for this thread. But my favourite one of his is this:

"Final Fantasy: Crisis Core will sell 10 million copies."

This made me laugh and laugh and laugh...

Help! I'm stuck in a forum signature!

PS3 will outsell 360 this year...