By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Mirrors Edge : PS3 Cell lets DICE push texture res "much higher"

Nice to know that PS3 owners are now feeling what it was like to be a GC owner.

Prediction:
Disney will make KH3 with Nintendo.Yes,KH3 will be a Disney/Nintendo crossover.

Save the industry,Kill a Hardcore gamer

Stopped buying Ubisoft games.Will not buy Red Steel 2.Let them struggle on HD. Click here for a solution:CLICK
ALERT: I have also exposed a UBI'Z'OFT viral marketer in THIS thread.Read my posts, see the set up and watch how everything crumbles on page 8. Please learn from this experience.

Around the Network
Skeeuk said:
NJ5 said:
Well, let's wait and see. If the texture res is indeed "much higher" that would have to be noticeable in a screenshot comparison, so it won't be hard to test these claims.

thats the point im trying to raise, is that i belive they wont up the res on ps3 version, and release as fair multiplat so one isnt better than other.

From the article:

"The other thing is the Cell really allows us to push the resolution of our textures much higher and we've taken full advantage of that as well."

Didn't you read the article before posting it?

Clearly they're claiming the PS3 version has much higher texture resolution, a claim we'll be able to prove or disprove by comparing it with the 360 version.

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957

You mean like getting all the good games for your system and having too much to play?

Or do you mean having only Nintendo franchises to play Ah yes that was the GC.

Q_A_X said:
The 360 is now holding back games. That's a fact.

Just sad.

BengaBenga said:
Q_A_X said:
The 360 is now holding back games. That's a fact.

Just sad.

It's quite funny to see someone saying that in this thread, when the article clearly states that they took the best they could out of each platform...

Sometimes I wonder why some people spend time here. I spend more than I'd like to, but at least I learn something every once in a while.

Around the Network

I just saw this game's trailer again, it seems to be more about clever usage of color/shading than textures. Of course, the final game might be different, but it still doesn't seem like the typical texture-heavy game.

Kyros said:

You mean like getting all the good games for your system and having too much to play?

Or do you mean having only Nintendo franchises to play Ah yes that was the GC.

I think he is talking about the PS2 holding back the gamecube and xbox(even though he didn't mention it) in multiplats.

Wow just seen the trailer for Mirror's Edge looks amazing, can't wait for it to come out

Some screenshots. Am I blind or does this game not rely much on texturing for its graphical beauty?

Those pictures are insane, I've never seen anything like that before...
But, I think the world will gasp when Valve showcase the Source Engine 3 late this year or early next year!