By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Mirrors Edge : PS3 Cell lets DICE push texture res "much higher"

PooperScooper said:
FJ-Warez said:
BMaker11 said:
Dev: PS3 can do (insert something here)
Forum posters: Let's just wait and see.....those devs can't possibly know what they're talking about so I won't listen

I'm sure the developers know what they're talking about, so just take it. So what if the Cell helps bump up textures. Get over it

"Sean Decker, general manager of Battlefield developer DICE, said that the PS3 has "a lot of little quirks to it that we really like and our engineers love as well as our designers"."

He is not a dev, no dev made any comment, he is only a manager, do you remember things like "4D" and "just get another job"??? is almost the same thing here...

Wouldn't a manager still need to know the ins and outs of development to be able to manage a development team and know what the fuck is going on?

at the very least they should know enough to know what they are talking about

Again, do you remember the "4D" stuff??

Usually talking with a dev is hard, because most of the regular people don´t get all you said, he can be a little confused, or being just misleading, like other people said, we will see... but so far, management a team of devs is really a hard work but isn´t really necesary to undertsand all the things that are happening...

By me:

Made with Blender + LuxRender
"Since you can´t understand ... there is no point to taking you seriously."
Around the Network
FJ-Warez said:
PooperScooper said:
FJ-Warez said:
BMaker11 said:
Forum posters: Let's just wait and see.....those devs can't possibly know what they're talking about so I won't listen

I'm sure the developers know what they're talking about, so just take it. So what if the Cell helps bump up textures. Get over it

"Sean Decker, general manager of Battlefield developer DICE, said that the PS3 has "a lot of little quirks to it that we really like and our engineers love as well as our designers"."

He is not a dev, no dev made any comment, he is only a manager, do you remember things like "4D" and "just get another job"??? is almost the same thing here...

Wouldn't a manager still need to know the ins and outs of development to be able to manage a development team and know what the fuck is going on?

Usually talking with a dev is hard, because most of the regular people don´t get all you said, he can be a little confused, or being just misleading, like other people said, we will see... but so far, management a team of devs is really a hard work but isn´t really necesary to undertsand all the things that are happening...

Just to add to that.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Richard_Feynman#Challenger_disaster

While this isn't about game developers, the problem is universal across every profession. You would like managers to undestand what employees are doing but a lot of the times, it's just not possible. There usually will be a disconnect between the two.

FJ-Warez said:
PooperScooper said:
FJ-Warez said:
BMaker11 said:

according to Disney the movie Wall-E is in 4D. How this is possible as the 4th dimension is time is beyond me.

Edit: I see, Wall-E was recorded using a program called Cinema 4D. I guess its called 4D because it allowed them to edit what was going on in real-time.

PC gaming is better than console gaming. Always.     We are Anonymous, We are Legion    Kick-ass interview   Great Flash Series Here    Anime Ratings     Make and Play Please
Amazing discussion about being wrong
Official VGChartz Folding@Home Team #109453

ssj12 said:
FJ-Warez said: 

according to Disney the movie Wall-E is in 4D. How this is possible as the 4th dimension is time is beyond me.

Edit: I see, Wall-E was recorded using a program called Cinema 4D. I guess its called 4D because it allowed them to edit what was going on in real-time.

And what does that mean exactly?

PooperScooper said:
ssj12 said:
FJ-Warez said: 

basically if the robot or characters moved a way they didnt want they changed it with minimal work.

PC gaming is better than console gaming. Always.     We are Anonymous, We are Legion    Kick-ass interview   Great Flash Series Here    Anime Ratings     Make and Play Please
Amazing discussion about being wrong
Official VGChartz Folding@Home Team #109453

Around the Network

the SONY hype is back and fanboys are happy...

NJ5 said:

Some screenshots. Am I blind or does this game not rely much on texturing for its graphical beauty?

Holy Shittt,,,,that looks freaking awesome,,(well last one is not from in-game I think casue that's essentially a real world picture,,,,,but the first two still look out of this world).

ssj12 said:
PooperScooper said:
ssj12 said:
FJ-Warez said:

basically if the robot or characters moved a way they didnt want they changed it with minimal work.

Yeah, basically, the characters are fully rendered like a videogame(not 2d like cartoons, that are made just to appear 3d).

So, technically, if you had a powerful enough system, and a billion programming hours, you could have like a 15 minute demo of a game with graphics like Wall-E, lol.

I don't need your console war.
It feeds the rich while it buries the poor.
You're power hungry, spinnin' stories, and bein' graphics whores.
I don't need your console war.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

Is it just me, or could NJ5 usurp the throne of MDF from Starcraft? (and I'm not just talking about this thread)

As in go buy us some coffee.

http://speedhunters.com

I just thing this game could benefit much more from having a great number of frames per second than a lot of res. While graphics makes a game more inmerssive a high number of frames per seconds would make it a lot smoother and more awesome to play because seems to me that you will be moving fast. Hopes it stays at 60FPS