By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Hudson: PS3 development too expensive

Kasz216 said:
akuma587 said:
Hudson has been pretty shit since the end of the N64 generation (Bomberman 64 was AMAZING though), so whatever. Just develop for the PSN if you think developing a full game for the PS3 is too expensive.

All the GC Mario Parties were good.

Robopon was pretty good.

Aside from that they just haven't done much since N64 era... except bomberman games.

Yes, they were so fantastic...

No, actually, there were average at best.

On Topic:

Looking at their games in recent years, this does not surprise me in the slightest. A lot of those are for the Virtual Console of course, but that doesn't stop their strategy from being releasing cheap, average games. I'd be amazed if they were making any money at all.

Title
Plat
Company
Reviews
Avg.
Vote
Avg
Score
1. Mario Party 4 GC Nintendo 49 7.4 74.108%
2. Mario Party 6 GC Nintendo 37 7.7 73.051%
3. Mario Party 5 GC Nintendo 43 7.6 70.823%
4. Mario Party 7 GC Nintendo 29 7.5 64.862%

Around the Network

Hudson has quite a few IP's, if they are able to revive them successfully on the Wii or the DS they may start to become important again like in the SNES era.

Bomberman Wii will be great, I miss my Super Bomberman :(

Proud poster of the 10000th reply at the Official Smash Bros Update Thread.

tag - "I wouldn't trust gamespot, even if it was a live comparison."

Bets with Conegamer:

Pandora's Tower will have an opening week of less than 37k in Japan. (Won!)
Pandora's Tower will sell less than 100k lifetime in Japan.
Stakes: 1 week of avatar control for each one.

Fullfilled Prophecies

Ouch. Really doesn't care what kind of developer they are, ya still want them to support ya. Never know when a random developer makes a huge game. Not a good thing for PS3.

Hudson games:

@ Montana:

Actually Hudson is quite profitable. 2007 net profit was 60 million US$. Not bad in an industry that lost an average of 200 million dollar per company over 2007.

Cheap average games is a pretty good market to be in. Risk is low and market coverage pretty big.
This kind of games were pretty important for PS2, and although the hardcore won't miss them, it's quite a loss if more "average" companies will skip the PS3.

Around the Network

LOL

you can't possibly expect us PS3 owners to 'cry' over not having Hudson's game? After all, we've seen how fantastic their HD games turned out.... Bomberman Zero anyone?

Now.. if we can only get the developers of Ninjabread man, Kidz series games to swear loyality (in this case, lack there of) to PS3, we are all set.

Soriku (Feb 10/08): In 5 years the PS3/360 will be dead.

KH3 bet: "If KH3 comes to Wii exclusive, I will take a 1 month of sig/avatar by otheres open a thread apologize and praise you guys' brilliance." http://vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?start=50&id=18379
Original cast: Badonkadonkhr, sc94597 allaboutthegames885, kingofwale, Soriku, ctk495, skeezer, RDBRaptor, Mirson,

Episode 1: OOPSY!
selnor
: Too Human I even expect 3-4 mill entire life and 500,000 first day. GoW2 ( expect 7 - 9 million entire life and over 2 mill first day), Fable 2 (expect 5-6 million entire life and 1.5 mill fist day) BK3 (expect 4 - 5 mill sales entire life and 1 mill first day).. Tales/IU/TLR should get to 2 or 3 million! post id: 868878
Episode 2:
Letsdance: FFXIII (PS3+360) first week in NA = 286K
According to pre-order rate in week 13 (post id: 2902544)

Hudson may not be the best developer in the world, but they're certainly not the smallest or worst developers either. The thing that would cause me to see this as being fairly bad is that for every 1 developer that makes a statement like this there are several who feel the same way and are producing similar policies.

Now, for many PS3 owners it may seem like a dream that the platform would only receive 16 to 32 of the best games in a year but most consumers would feel reluctant to buy a system with such a small (and slow growing) library; without the average (and below average) developers a platform just isn't as attractive to most people.

MontanaHatchet said:

Kasz216 said:
akuma587 said:
Hudson has been pretty shit since the end of the N64 generation (Bomberman 64 was AMAZING though), so whatever. Just develop for the PSN if you think developing a full game for the PS3 is too expensive.

All the GC Mario Parties were good.

Robopon was pretty good.

Aside from that they just haven't done much since N64 era... except bomberman games.

Yes, they were so fantastic...

No, actually, there were average at best.

On Topic:

Looking at their games in recent years, this does not surprise me in the slightest. A lot of those are for the Virtual Console of course, but that doesn't stop their strategy from being releasing cheap, average games. I'd be amazed if they were making any money at all.

Title
Plat
Company
Reviews
Avg.
Vote
Avg
Score
1. Mario Party 4 GC Nintendo 49 7.4 74.108%
2. Mario Party 6 GC Nintendo 37 7.7 73.051%
3. Mario Party 5 GC Nintendo 43 7.6 70.823%
4. Mario Party 7 GC Nintendo 29 7.5 64.862%

Eh come on. They were a lot of fun. The only reason they get such low reviews is because so very little changes year to year...

That and there really aren't any "Dedicated Mini-game" reviewers like there are for every other genre because it's not the kind of game that plays well to the reveiwer demographic.

I mean... has a minigame compliation ever scored over an 85?

I think the best scoring one is Wario Ware with an average of an 83. There is just a lot of hate for the Minigame genre in the gaming world... always has been.

Well not ALWAYS. California Games I think was reveiwed highly... but in recent memory anyway.

Probably because you need to get together a bunch of people to enjoy games like Mario Party.

well i think they should just release games on the PSN then

tag:"reviews only matter for the real hardcore gamer"