By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo's E3: What we know, what we think (56k warning)

I'm happy to say that work on this thread is reaching the home stretch. There are still a few more games to add in, and a few publishers (most notably Activision-Blizzard) to include under the no-show category, but for now I'm going to take a break.

Thanks everyone for the help you've offered so far, and as always is you have anything you'd like to say or add about Nintendo's E3 feel free to chime in.

Around the Network
noname2200 said:
celine said:
noname2200 said:
Soriku said:
noname2200 said:
Soriku said:

Thanks. I'd seen that one, and judging by the date and subsequent events, I'm pretty sure it's Mad World that they're making. It fits: Suda makes Wii games that are highly stylized and ultra-violent, and Mad World is a Wii game that is highly stylized and ultra-violent. I'd love to be wrong, though, since it means we'll be getting double the pleasure.

@thekitchensink:...

Jerk.

Nope. The fourth Platinum Games game is yet to be unveiled and it is designed by Mikami for a unknown platform.

However I wouldn't put that in the list.

I didn't know that. I thought all Platinum Games was working on were the three revealed titles. But why not include it? It may be unlikely to be coming for the Wii or DS, let alone appear at this year's E3, but that's half the fun of the speculation part (which is why Shenmue shows up. Twice...)

I was talking about Mikami/Suda/Kojma 's Project S.

However if you need a link about the fourth Platinum Games game:

"Our partnership with SEGA has yielded the unveiling of three original titles; unfortunately, my title isn't quite ready to be revealed to the world yet. We've only been working for two months, and to me, showing something incomplete is an affront to our players.

What my team lacks in numbers, we make up for in the sheer amount of fun we are having now. With these great creators, I'm sure we will have something to show you soon that will make you stand up and take notice.

I know that having nothing to show was not what everyone wanted to hear, so for now, I must be begging your pardon."

Under Mikami section:

http://www.sega.com/platinumgames/EnglishUK/

“In the entertainment business, there are only heaven and hell, and nothing in between and as soon as our customers bore of our products, we will crash.”  Hiroshi Yamauchi

TAG:  Like a Yamauchi pimp slap delivered by Il Maelstrom; serving it up with style.

celine said:
noname2200 said:
celine said:
noname2200 said:
Soriku said:
noname2200 said:
Soriku said:

I didn't know that. I thought all Platinum Games was working on were the three revealed titles. But why not include it? It may be unlikely to be coming for the Wii or DS, let alone appear at this year's E3, but that's half the fun of the speculation part (which is why Shenmue shows up. Twice...)

I was talking about Mikami/Suda/Kojma 's Project S.

However if you need a link about the fourth Platinum Games game:

"Our partnership with SEGA has yielded the unveiling of three original titles; unfortunately, my title isn't quite ready to be revealed to the world yet. We've only been working for two months, and to me, showing something incomplete is an affront to our players.

What my team lacks in numbers, we make up for in the sheer amount of fun we are having now. With these great creators, I'm sure we will have something to show you soon that will make you stand up and take notice.

I know that having nothing to show was not what everyone wanted to hear, so for now, I must be begging your pardon."

Under Mikami section:

http://www.sega.com/platinumgames/EnglishUK/

You, sir, are a saint. I'll add this in tomorrow (all credit to you, of course). Of course, now I'm wondering what the game could possibly be. I was convinced that it was Mad World, since again it matches Suda's MO to a T, but now I'm just drawing blanks. The fact that it's Mikami doesn't make things any easier, since the man's had his fingers in so many diverse pies that it could be anything from an adventure game to...well, anything really.

Man I hope it's got Resident-Evil 4 type controls. Please be true, please be true, please be true...

I am liking that Red Steel 2 mock-up...

Wow, did I fall asleep and miss all the awesome games you put up there. I only browsed past them, but even if 25% of those are announced I will be very happy.

Around the Network

What about the airplane game for the Wii by the creators of Ace Combat?

"Like you know"

Another brilliant idea: What if Sega brought back the Shining Force series? Made by Platinum games. Could be great.

rudyrsr8 said:
What about the airplane game for the Wii by the creators of Ace Combat?

Sky Crawlers.

“In the entertainment business, there are only heaven and hell, and nothing in between and as soon as our customers bore of our products, we will crash.”  Hiroshi Yamauchi

TAG:  Like a Yamauchi pimp slap delivered by Il Maelstrom; serving it up with style.

Hope Animal crossing Wii is announced at E3. That would be awesome!!! Especially if it was a mmo and yoou could have multiple people visiting peoples' towns, interacting with each other. Also... I WANT CHIBI ROBO WII!!!

DON'T WIN ME CHIBI BUDDY DON'T WIN ME.

ANIMAL CROSSING NEW LEAF FRIEND CODE:- 5129 1175 1029. MESSAGE ME.
ANDY MURRAY:- GRAND SLAM WINNER!

In my opinion the N64 was not just the best console of the 5th gen but, to this day the best console ever created!

Like every ambitious warlord in history, I had an ambitious goal. I was going to create the longest post in VGChartz history. Like a few of said warlords, I succeeded. And like the best of those power-hungry b******s, I took a quick look at the rubble around me and realized "Hey! I can keep going!"

Even more games have been added to the OP in my quest to bring all viewers and this entire site crashing down (and I'm still not done!) I will say this: E3 and the events that surround it are going to be fantastic for Nintendo fans this year, if I'm even slightly close to being right.