By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo's E3: What we know, what we think (56k warning)

I heard that they might announce some sort of hardcore game for us hardcore gamers. I hope it is something good and not just some shovelware

Around the Network
pimpcoop said:
I heard that they might announce some sort of hardcore game for us hardcore gamers. I hope it is something good and not just some shovelware

Have a look-see at the first page, under what Nintendo's sure/likely to publish. I'm pretty sure you'll find at least one title there that appeals to you, even if you discount the GamePro rumors of a completely new IP being unveiled.

Wow, excellent job noname2200, thats a massive list. Hopefully at least some of those rumoured games make an appearance. All I need to be happy is another Zelda and F-Zero.

Konami can go suck a f--k. At least Capcoms trying. Why nothing announced from Rockstar? I think there are better games coming though overall which is nice. Icarus better make my eyes bleed, i need some blood filled eyes.

“When we make some new announcement and if there is no positive initial reaction from the market, I try to think of it as a good sign because that can be interpreted as people reacting to something groundbreaking. ...if the employees were always minding themselves to do whatever the market is requiring at any moment, and if they were always focusing on something we can sell right now for the short term, it would be very limiting. We are trying to think outside the box.” - Satoru Iwata - This is why corporate multinationals will never truly understand, or risk doing, what Nintendo does.

Wow, the added speculation part is beyond awesome!

About Snatcher: Mikami makes a 4th, secret game for Platinum Games, which will be published by Sega. Kojima works for Konami, that also owns the publishing rights. So it's, sadly, not likely that Mikami is working on Snatcher, unless Sega and Konami made a deal.

The Matsuno RPG will, if it exists, probably be something for a Nintendo event in Japan (Spaceworld), but it is highly probable we'll see something like that. Nintendo didn't bought Monolith to make Disaster, they're known for their RPG's.

Skies of Arcadia: very likely. Not on E3.

Suikoden VI: Highly likely but not on E3.

But in general it looks like the Japanese devs have turned 180 degrees towards Wii. The Western devs probably won't, certainly not at this level.

Around the Network

Hey BengaBenga, would you mind if I took some of the posts from your 2008 Wii games and pasted them here (with credit going to you)?

Also, Skies of Arcadia?! Call me jaded, but Skies is the girl that keeps teasing you to get a meal, and then remembers she's got something to do, but thanks for the night.
And I'm hoping Monolith is working on that Baten Kaitos DS game that was revealed, and then un-revealed a while back. If it's half as good as Origins, I can die a happy man.

noname2200 said:
Hey BengaBenga, would you mind if I took some of the posts from your 2008 Wii games and pasted them here (with credit going to you)?

Also, Skies of Arcadia?! Call me jaded, but Skies is the girl that keeps teasing you to get a meal, and then remembers she's got something to do, but thanks for the night.
And I'm hoping Monolith is working on that Baten Kaitos DS game that was revealed, and then un-revealed a while back. If it's half as good as Origins, I can die a happy man.

Sure, no problem. Take what you need. It's not completely up-to-date though, I wanted to do that after E3.
Nah, Skies is coming, there's so much smoke there must be fire...

I think Monolith is working on a Wii game. Nintendo is focussing on Wii, since the DS gets so much 3rd party support they don't have to put much recources on it.

BengaBenga said:
noname2200 said:

Sure, no problem. Take what you need. It's not completely up-to-date though, I wanted to do that after E3.
Nah, Skies is coming, there's so much smoke there must be fire...

I think Monolith is working on a Wii game. Nintendo is focussing on Wii, since the DS gets so much 3rd party support they don't have to put much recources on it.

Cool, thanks. And I'm still dubious about Skies: there's been smoking about that game since 2002 (in more ways than one!) so until I see something official I won't entertain any hopes. Although Winds of Nostalgia may end up being a spiritual sequel or sorts.

And you're probably right about Monolith, although I know they released some DS game this year in Japan, so they're not exclusively Wii. Considering I'm more of a console than portable person, I'd be fine with you being right.

I hope they come out with something new that no one knows about. I will be a bust if they just tell us about the new games coming out that we already knew about or they just confirm game that we might not be sure if they are till making it or when they come out. I want something brand new that will blow us out of the water! Nintendo just made all of there big game series so now they can focus on making something new for us. That is what I am hopping for!

pimpcoop said:

I hope they come out with something new that no one knows about. I will be a bust if they just tell us about the new games coming out that we already knew about or they just confirm game that we might not be sure if they are till making it or when they come out. I want something brand new that will blow us out of the water! Nintendo just made all of there big game series so now they can focus on making something new for us. That is what I am hopping for!

Almost done!

Good news and bad news, bud. Good news: GamePro says you'll get your wish.

http://www.gamepro.com/news.cfm?article_id=191428

"I've heard strong rumors that Nintendo is going to unveil an all-new game with all-new characters," says senior GamePro editor Sid Shuman. "E3 might make a lot of sense for that announcement, despite its smaller size this year."

Bad news: it's GamePro, who have a tendency to talk out of their rear ends.

My guess: don't get your hopes up too much on the Wii front. They'll probably have several sequels to known franchises (I'm fine with that), but not a major new IP. The DS may be a different story, but even there I'm not sure: the tea leaves are really, really clouded when it comes to Nintendo.