By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Will killzone 2 run at 1080p & 60fps ?

All first party games have been at least 720p. Killzone 2 will be a much better game at 720/30, but I expect Killzone 3 to be 1080/30 if it lands on the PS3. It is still possible that they could reach 720/60 with 2 more SPU's to play with.

Stop hate, let others live the life they were given. Everyone has their problems, and no one should have to feel ashamed for the way they were born. Be proud of who you are, encourage others to be proud of themselves. Learn, research, absorb everything around you. Nothing is meaningless, a purpose is placed on everything no matter how you perceive it. Discover how to love, and share that love with everything that you encounter. Help make existence a beautiful thing.

Kevyn B Grams
10/03/2010 

KBG29 on PSN&XBL

Around the Network

No, Killzone 2 is 720p and 30fps.

The only title that looks to be 1080p and 60fps is WarDevil, whether its vapourware or not, noone will ever know.

Prediction (June 12th 2017)

Permanent pricedrop for both PS4 Slim and PS4 Pro in October.

PS4 Slim $249 (October 2017)

PS4 Pro $349 (October 2017)

SpartanFX said:
NNN2004 said:
ok forget the fps thing cuz its near imposible but what about 1080p ?

native 720 ,,,upscaled to 1080P

yah but can it run without scaling ?

Unless you want everything to look like shiny plastic with not much going on in the environment (NBA 06 style), you don't want it to be 1080p native.

As for 60fps, I don't think it'll be possible to run 1080p and 60fps on a shooter with so much going on screen. But it might be possible in 720p

KZ2 will be 1080p and run in 60fps.

Around the Network
NNN2004 said:

few ps3 games run at 1080p did killzone 2 will be one of them ? for me i think maybe.

keep dreaming.. cause dreams do not always come true :)

especially when ur speaking about logic :P

MeowTheMouse said:
NNN2004 said:

few ps3 games run at 1080p did killzone 2 will be one of them ? for me i think maybe.

keep dreaming.. cause dreams do not always come true :)

especially when ur speaking about logic :P

???? i only ask a question also know that i have 360 not ps3.

Let's just wait for the game people... Maybe it'll be less than 720p

NNN2004 after reading few of your comments i think you made this thread just to troll ,,but I answered you anyways.

again:

Gurilla games has already confirmed native 720P and 30 FPS locked.

lightbleeder said:
Let's just wait for the game people... Maybe it'll be less than 720p

I'm pretty sure the demo of K2 was supposed to be 720p.

Anyway, you never know, they may reduce the rez a little to get the fps higher or more on screen, we shall wait and see.

Also, I think we've progressed too much graphically this generation and so quickly that 1080p may not happen until the end of this generation.

Games like MGS4, Uncharted, Killzone 2, Gears of War and Bioshock all look beautiful and all, and it's obvious that developers want more going onscreen and better framerates, than higher resolutions.

As I've said, the only game thats supposedly using 1080p@60fps is WarDevil, but we have yet to see anything concrete about the game other than showreels and screenshots.

Prediction (June 12th 2017)

Permanent pricedrop for both PS4 Slim and PS4 Pro in October.

PS4 Slim $249 (October 2017)

PS4 Pro $349 (October 2017)