By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Will killzone 2 run at 1080p & 60fps ?

SpartanFX said:
NNN2004 after reading few of your comments i think you made this thread just to troll ,,but I answered you anyways.

again:

Gurilla games has already confirmed native 720P and 30 FPS locked.

no no ur mistaken ... i go with the side of 360 now but id like to know what the other consoles can do .. also know that i will buy a ps3 cuz i cant miss some great titles on it .. but what i upset of is the delays thats all.

Around the Network
NJ5 said:
MikeB said:

(...) Currently Resistance 1 could be redone in 1080p, 60 FPS, that's the point we are at now (...)

What's the reasoning behind that?

ipse dixit...or because he says so.

2008 year end sales (made in January 2008):

44.2 M 27.1 M 20.8 M

Spectrumglr said:
NJ5 said:
MikeB said:

(...) Currently Resistance 1 could be redone in 1080p, 60 FPS, that's the point we are at now (...)

ipse dixit...or because he says so.

I think that must be it.

720p @ 30 fps ~= 28 million pixels per second

1080p @ 60 fps ~= 124 million pixels per second

There's a huge difference between the two.

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957

NJ5 said:
MikeB said:

Da powa of DA CeLLz!!!

On topic, according to the devs is going to be 720p @ 30fps featuring motionblur...

By me:

Made with Blender + LuxRender
"Since you can´t understand ... there is no point to taking you seriously."
DarkLord2008 said:
KZ2 will be 1080p and run in 60fps.

1080p@60fps cunferm'd!

Around the Network
NJ5 said:
MikeB said:

Some private dev comments.

But for example Ratchet & Clank: Tools of Destruction runs in 60 FPS with improved graphics, bigger environments, even more activity onscreen, etc based on the same game engine. They made more advancements with regard to their game engine, taking more graphics related workload off the GPU.

Note I am saying 1080p, not FullHD. So a much higher vertical resolution like is more relevant to the human eye.

Naughty Dog: "At Naughty Dog, we're pretty sure we should be able to see leaps between games on the PS3 that are even bigger than they were on the PS2."

PS3 vs 360 sales

no way

MikeB said:
NJ5 said:
MikeB said:

But for example Ratchet & Clank: Tools of Destruction runs in 60 FPS with improved graphics, bigger environments, even more activity onscreen, etc based on the same game engine. They made more advancements with regard to their game engine, taking more graphics related workload off the GPU.

Note I am saying 1080p, not FullHD. So a much higher vertical resolution like is more relevant to the human eye.

Well, by that standard any game can run in 1080p, by setting an appropriate number for the horizontal resolution.

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957

The number of (good looking) games that will run at 1080p @60fps on the PS3 will be counted on one hand this generation. The fact is that most (good looking) games on the PS3 are running at (or below) 720p and running at (or below) 30fps; to get up to 1080p @60fps the developers would need to find (nearly) double the performance on the Cell (unlikely on a broad scale), would have to quadruple the pixel-shading performance of the RSX (simply impossible) or would have to dramatically downgrade the shader-effects until they were similar to what the Wii produces at 480p.

I anticipate that any performance gains developers are able to achieve on the PS3 will go towards getting a more steady frame rate at a full 720p, and beyond that will go towards enhanced visuals at that reasolution and framerate.

NJ5 said:
MikeB said:
NJ5 said:
MikeB said:

Well, by that standard any game can run in 1080p, by setting an appropriate number for the horizontal resolution.

I mean common 1080p resolutions like 1280x1080 or 1440x1080. The horizontal resolution can be scaled with excellent results using smart algorithms.

Naughty Dog: "At Naughty Dog, we're pretty sure we should be able to see leaps between games on the PS3 that are even bigger than they were on the PS2."

PS3 vs 360 sales