By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Console Expectations - Are you Happy?

I am an oldschool Nintendo fanboy, so I pretty much expected the next nintendo console(which I woulda bought anyway) to be the last remnants of the once great empire.

I ended up with the defining console of this generation, that has already released some of my favorite games ever.

Even if it doesn't quite reach those lofty expectations of those old school god consoles like the SNES or N64, it certainly is much better than I expected.

...the DS, what can I say. It IS an old school god console, but it's also new, so it's better, lol.

I don't need your console war.
It feeds the rich while it buries the poor.
You're power hungry, spinnin' stories, and bein' graphics whores.
I don't need your console war.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

Around the Network

very happy 360 owner!!!

I am happy with everything so far ^^''. 2007 was really my best year of gaming and 2008 so far is looking to be even better.

epinefridis said:
gebx said:

Expectations was brought out in an another thread but off topic, I feel this is a pretty good topic so I figure I create a thread for it.

What were you're expectations when you first purchased your console and are you happy?

Here's my take - Xbo

I think every gaming expectation I had was met and surpassed, I would of never thought that the 360 would be the RPG console this generation. I never expected that the 360 would still be ahead two years after the PS3 launch, not only that but by almost 6 million consoles.

I think its awesome that the 360 has console exclusives from Valve, Epic, Square Enix, Capcom and many others. I would of never expected a holiday season like last years with the release of so many hits like Bioshock, Mass Effect, and Halo. I also love the fact that the 360 is still used as the lead console in almost every game.

So have your expectations been met?

Totally agree !!! And there is more, but I'm too tired to write em down.   

I spent the last generation 80% on my XBOX (almost 145 games) 15% PC and 5% on my PS2. But what was yet to follow with the 360 arrival, blew me out. I still haven't managed to play all the games I want (currently own 65 games on my 360)

Not a single thought on purchusing a PS3...

And my Wii is great for the 7 games I have...

Wow... that's extreme! Where do you find the time to play that many games? I'm actually jealous.

I'm pleased with my PS3 and will especially be content once Disgaea 3 comes out.

DS just keeps getting better and better. I bought it once DQIX was announced and have been more and more pleased with each passing day.

PSP- The opposite of the DS. I absolutely loved it at first but am now growing more and more tired of it each day.

Wii - Not very impressed so far. FE: RD was great, MG is good but outside of that, I'm not that interested, YET. I'm actually giving ToS a try there now.

360 - Hopefully within a few weeks I could offer some first impressions.

I will make my comment about my console's expectation at the end of this gen.

not less than 2 years into it. This is a marathon, not a 100 meter sprint.

Soriku (Feb 10/08): In 5 years the PS3/360 will be dead.

KH3 bet: "If KH3 comes to Wii exclusive, I will take a 1 month of sig/avatar by otheres open a thread apologize and praise you guys' brilliance." http://vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?start=50&id=18379
Original cast: Badonkadonkhr, sc94597 allaboutthegames885, kingofwale, Soriku, ctk495, skeezer, RDBRaptor, Mirson,

Episode 1: OOPSY!
selnor
: Too Human I even expect 3-4 mill entire life and 500,000 first day. GoW2 ( expect 7 - 9 million entire life and over 2 mill first day), Fable 2 (expect 5-6 million entire life and 1.5 mill fist day) BK3 (expect 4 - 5 mill sales entire life and 1 mill first day).. Tales/IU/TLR should get to 2 or 3 million! post id: 868878
Episode 2:
Letsdance: FFXIII (PS3+360) first week in NA = 286K
According to pre-order rate in week 13 (post id: 2902544)
Around the Network

PC's FTW!!!

Generation 8 Predictions so far.....(as of 9/2013)

Console that will sell most: Nintendo Wii U

Who will sell more consoles between Microsoft/SONY: SONY

I'm satisfied but not over-whelmed by the Wii, I had extremely high expectations (I'm not a great console gamer preferring handhelds and the PC) and it has just about met them.
The DS on the other hand has absolutley stunned me, I don't think any gaming device ever has made me quite as happy. Its an amazing piece of hardware with an amazing library.

Pretty Happy with my Ps3, the true joy didn't come until MGS4 and 2.4. Now the console has surpassed my expectations. Would be nice to see some .mkv support and better divx support though.

And the DS... I mainly bought it for pokemon... I haven't really found any motavation to buy other games yet, and when I look at the releases.. I see soooo much shovelware and lame casual games.

4 ≈ One

I had a Xbox, so, i bought my 360 since launch (mexican lauch) and i have to say than i never imagine to have so many good games, exclusives and multiplatforms. The best online (xbox) is even better on the 360 (ranked matchs, player matchs, marketplace, demos, videos, xbla ACHIEVEMENTS). With some word you will now if broke my expectatios: Halo 3, GoW, Bioshock, DMC, NG, GH 2 and 3, GRAW, Cod 4, LO, LP (GoW 2, fable 2, IU, ToV). And of course the bet of all: MASS EFFECT. Expectations: 9.5/10

DS

Since the original game boy (the brick) i never had a portable sistem until my DS. I have to say it, i bought it just for TLOZ PH, but it have been so many games than really have suprassed my expectatios. With games like Catlevania (both and the next one). MK and New super mario bros (without been a mario fan), FFCC, and of course, The world ends with you (I LOVE THIS ONE, better than zelda in my opinion). Expectations: 10/10

PSP

Like a DS owner, my spectatios for a portable console are very high. I have jut play CoD: RTV, LocoRoco, SH origins (Locoroco is the best). It has many feature, but, ir hard to use like a movie player/mp3 player/internet browser. So, with 4 months with it, i think it needs more time to be the console than i expected. Expectations: 6.5/10

End of 2011 (made 02/01/11) 
Wii: 99.453 m
Xbox 360: 67.837 m 
Ps 3: 60.726 m

Best Games/Serie of the Generation

360 (7/10) - slightly above expectations
PS3 (7/10) - slightly below expectations
Wii (6/10)- slightly below expectations
PSP (8/10) - meets expectations
DS (5/10) - way below expectations