By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Console Expectations - Are you Happy?

Love the 360, need to get a Wii so my girlfriend can play something besides Viva Pinata, and I want a PS3 for a blu-ray player(I really do not want to pay the same amount for a stand-alone).

Around the Network

I'm very satsfied with my PS3, both for playing games and using it's other cool features. MGS4 was solid and the upcoming games have me climbing up the walls in anticipation of their expected awesome-ness. As an overall machine it's become my media hub for music, vids, and other stuff. Overall, very impressed and more than happy with the purchase.

I expect to be similarly impressed with my Xbox 360 when I get that later in the year. I can't wait to play all of those cool RPG's, especially Fable 2(that one, more than the others, was the system seller for me.)

BTW Welcome back :)

everybody love what he have.

gebx said:

Expectations was brought out in an another thread but off topic, I feel this is a pretty good topic so I figure I create a thread for it.

What were you're expectations when you first purchased your console and are you happy?

Here's my take - Xbo

I think every gaming expectation I had was met and surpassed, I would of never thought that the 360 would be the RPG console this generation. I never expected that the 360 would still be ahead two years after the PS3 launch, not only that but by almost 6 million consoles.

I think its awesome that the 360 has console exclusives from Valve, Epic, Square Enix, Capcom and many others. I would of never expected a holiday season like last years with the release of so many hits like Bioshock, Mass Effect, and Halo. I also love the fact that the 360 is still used as the lead console in almost every game.

So have your expectations been met?

Totally agree !!! And there is more, but I'm too tired to write em down.   

I spent the last generation 80% on my XBOX (almost 145 games) 15% PC and 5% on my PS2. But what was yet to follow with the 360 arrival, blew me out. I still haven't managed to play all the games I want (currently own 65 games on my 360)

Not a single thought on purchusing a PS3...

And my Wii is great for the 7 games I have...

I'm quite satisified wiht me WIi and ps3.

So far, the ps3 has met my expectations. Sony is still publishing off the wall IPs that other publishers would pass up, like LittleBigPlanet. God of War III is about to be announced. I didn't get a Jak 4, but I got the awesome Uncharted instead. All I need is a Team ICO announcement, and I'm all set (Team ICO's game also being those more niche titles that most publishers would never allow to see the light of day). Oh, and the sequel to Killzone is actually looking good! Who would've expected that?

The Wii has somewhat failed to meet my expectations. Tbh, I was expecting pinpoint accuracy with the Wiimote going into this generation. I was expecting shooters to be as accurate as Time Crisis in the arcades, and 1:1 swordplay. Even though this never came to pass, the games released so far have been awesome! All I need is a Zelda WIi announcement and I'm all set.

Edit:

Oh yeah, DS.  I bought it for PH, and so far it's been great.  I haven't too much time nor money to experience the rest of its immense library, however.

Around the Network

My expectations for the Wii were that it'd offer new ways to play games. The first summer after launch for the Wii was pretty rough, but it's been getting much much better since then, so yeah I'm happy with it, even if the nunchuck's sensitivity is a bit of a disappointment.

PC-wise, I honestly wasn't expecting too much, and the past year has delivered. Most of what's come up are 360 games, which don't generally appeal to me, but the future seems to be a bit better, so here's hoping the latter part of '08 delivers.

Here I go
PSP: Even though it destroys my UMD's, some old games are still fun, and it is a great mp3 player, and has a bare-bones, but functional internet explorer.
9/10
Xbox 360: Multiplayer is awesome on live (with voicechat) An expansive library of games, and features you can use them in.The happiest i've been with a console in a while
9/10
Nintendo DS: Occasionally I get back into playing some games for it, mostly advance wars or pheonix wright. It is nothing but a gaming machine, and sadly, you must search through alot of trash to find some gems (anno 1701)
7/10
Nintendo Wii: Ugh. Nintendo dashed my expectations after I had bought a launch console. The wii channels are great, but they are missing some cool features the other consoles have/will have. The wiimotes are very comfortable, but the motion sensing doesn't work well in every game, probably because of the devs fault. My console is only played by people who come over to visit.
4/10
PC: Always great. Never fails to bring something new

And that's the only thing I need is *this*. I don't need this or this. Just this PS4... And this gaming PC. - The PS4 and the Gaming PC and that's all I need... And this Xbox 360. - The PS4, the Gaming PC, and the Xbox 360, and that's all I need... And these PS3's. - The PS4, and these PS3's, and the Gaming PC, and the Xbox 360... And this Nintendo DS. - The PS4, this Xbox 360, and the Gaming PC, and the PS3's, and that's all *I* need. And that's *all* I need too. I don't need one other thing, not one... I need this. - The Gaming PC and PS4, and Xbox 360, and thePS3's . Well what are you looking at? What do you think I'm some kind of a jerk or something! - And this. That's all I need.

Obligatory dick measuring Gaming Laptop Specs: Sager NP8270-GTX: 17.3" FULL HD (1920X1080) LED Matte LC, nVIDIA GeForce GTX 780M, Intel Core i7-4700MQ, 16GB (2x8GB) DDR3, 750GB SATA II 3GB/s 7,200 RPM Hard Drive

im happy with all 3 consoles, wouldve been nice not to have had two 360s die on me though.

yeah im pretty happy with all of them

tag:"reviews only matter for the real hardcore gamer"

Extremely happy with my Wii, 360, and DS, and satisfied with my PS3.

Could I trouble you for some maple syrup to go with the plate of roffles you just served up?

Tag, courtesy of fkusumot: "Why do most of the PS3 fanboys have avatars that looks totally pissed?"
"Ok, girl's trapped in the elevator, and the power's off.  I swear, if a zombie comes around the next corner..."