By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Console Expectations - Are you Happy?

Disappointed in the 360, I like gears and edf, and thats it, and where is samurai shodown two on xbla?
Almost satisfied with the wii, mostly on the strength of no more heroes, excite truck, the rail shooters, gyro starr and a few others but still a little disappointed especially with mario kart
Ds, if it only had contra 4 I'd be completely satisfied, but it has much more beyond that
psp, mixed, I *heart* the collections, But I only like a few original games

I HAVE A DOUBLE DRAGON CAB IN MY KITCHEN!!!!!!

NOW A PUNISHER CAB!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Around the Network

I like the whole market distortion that appeared in this generation.

"Like you know"

Very happy with my DS and Wii.

My blog: TsalagiDragon on Wordpress

My online store: Tsalagi Dreams 

My Twitter: @Scary4Eva

@pearljammer
Is 145 games for 3 years extreme? I don't think so. And NO multiplayer AT ALL! I like it only with some strategy games on PC. Thats all...

Disappointed with the DS and PSP. Both have been sold.

Happy with the XBox360. Sold for the PS3.

Happy with the PS3. But I regret selling my XBox360.

Around the Network

Extremely Happy with my Wii. Motion Sensitivity done well is what defines this generation for me.

I loved my gamecube, but was annoyed by the lack of 3rd party games for it

360 - yeah. I was excited to buy one after playing COD2. Hardware breaks - my PS2 had the Disc Read Error - but you roll with the punches. The games, the messenger and the future lineup are sweet.

Wii - yeah, but ... I got it to flip it and kept it. Initially, I played it often but after a while, I never turned it on. The thrill is gone and while I still get games for it, I will admit I rarely play them (I can count at least 2-3 games still in wrap)

DS Lite - yeah. It's way cool and is unfortunately packed up. I was so addicted to Ace Phoenix.

And lastly, the PS3. Well ... I bought it to review games. However, after the paper folded, I fired it up a couple times to either play a movie or a game. I can count the number of times I did that - and I think I did it to update it. It just doesn't grab my attention like the PS2 did. I bought a PS2 and my Xbox collected dust. This gen, the roles are reversed.

Wii & DS - definitely met/exceeded expectations. The Wii has really surprised me, and is continuing to "ramp up" with new surprises. As I said in a couple of other threads - its now easily my favourite console ever, and has had more play time than any other console (i.e. average hours per week).

Gesta Non Verba

Nocturnal is helping companies get cheaper game ratings in Australia:

Game Assessment website

Wii code: 2263 4706 2910 1099

PSP - isn't meeting expectations but those are mine and it's just because i hardly buy games for it and this is because i never have time to.

PS3 - yes except for really good and fun local multiplayers (LBP can't come soon enough).

Hmm, pie.

I know we're talking current gen, but I wanted to add some past consoles.

360, broke before warranty extension, sold it broken.
PS3, HD TV broke, didn't have any games any way (at the time), sold it.
DS, really unhappy at first. That all changed when NSMB arrived.
PS2+1, Two of the best consoles for me.
Wii, split, the good games are really good but there are too few really good games.
N64, Mario 64. That alone could have kept me happy for 5 years alone.
SNES, Super Mario World. See above.
GBA, never really my thing. I wasn't big on portable gaming until more recently.

Never owned an Xbox, but my old roommate had one. Absolutely my favorite version of DDR.

I would cite regulation, but I know you will simply ignore it.