By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - What do you think of the GameCube's controller?

fazz said:
Indeed, the best last gen. Plus it introduced (a good working) wireless.

that is true. I'd forgotten about that...

Not trying to be a fanboy. Of course, it's hard when you own the best console eve... dang it

Around the Network

It felt really good after owning a PS1.

Proud poster of the 10000th reply at the Official Smash Bros Update Thread.

tag - "I wouldn't trust gamespot, even if it was a live comparison."

Bets with Conegamer:

Pandora's Tower will have an opening week of less than 37k in Japan. (Won!)
Pandora's Tower will sell less than 100k lifetime in Japan.
Stakes: 1 week of avatar control for each one.

Fullfilled Prophecies

Compared to the abysmal PS2 controller (i despised this thing)the GCN controller was amazing.

I hated the Z button placement, and something about the C-stick annoys me to this day. I still prefer it over the X-Box and PS2's, though.

weirdly shaped buttons, FTL.

Metalcore, Hardcore, Punk, Emo, Rock.

Around the Network
RolStoppable said:
One of the best controllers ever made.

I agree with this.

it was very comfortable controller, as most people said the Z button placement was not good apart from that it was still my favorite last gen

Wii/Mario Kart Wii Code:2793-0686-5434

A lot of people complain about the Z button, but the real gripe is the d-pad, which is pretty much useless. It works fine in Metroid Prime for choosing visors, but I remember trying to play Zelda II on the Gamecube Zelda Collector's edition; impossible with the d-pad. Half the time when I was trying to duck, Link turned around because it was very easy to press left+down or right+down by accident when you were trying to press down. ANNOYING.

Apart from that, I loved it. The different shaped buttons was brilliant, and the trigger buttons were very comfortable. I'll kick all of your asses on Soul Calibur 2 with my GC controller and Seung Mina any time :)

Definitely my favorite controller with an Analog Stick. I fucking hate the Dualshock. T_T But the second xbox controller was alright.

GC >>>>> Xbox >>>>>>>>>>>> PS2

The Z button was a big flaw for me, great controller all last gen besides the PS2 controller.

End of 2008 Sales:

Wii- 39 Million 360- 25Million PS3- 22 Million

PSN: papasmurf5721