By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - BOYCOTT EA!! NOT UBISOFT

whacker41 said:
sc94597 said:
whacker41 said:
leo-j said:
Wow so you guys think EA is a good gaming company?

of course not. Everyone just likes to disagree for the sake of it. it makes things more interesting.

EA sucks. Almost everything they put on the PS3 sucks. And as for the wii, while Medal of honour heroes 2 may have been good, when they released it in Australia they cut ther online mode. And as for boom blox, i haven't played it yet cause i've heard that it's short.

Um how is a mostly multiplayer game short?

I don't know, i've only heard it. But i think that i read a forum a few days back that said that boom blox owners have only played it for an average of 7 or something hours, which isn't that long.

I played it for 2 hours in SP, MP for like 3 hours. I don't think it's a really good game. It's just a hype in America. In Europe no one is really excited about the game.

Around the Network
Cougarman said:
DTG said:
Cougarman said:
DTG said:
Frankly people who see video games within the realms of art and do not want to see the industry make a turnaround to the early 1980's video game crash flouded with low budget trash, where gameplay and fun is seen as more important than storyline and message would do us best boycotting Nintendo and their systems.

Nintendo is driving our industry into an obsession with gameplay, family and fun.

so story is more important then gameplay now? dont get me wrong i like a game with great story but i play games to play a game if i want a good story i'll watch a movie

With video games reaching visual levels on par with cinema a decade or so back storylines should become the central priority of game developers in an interactive format. Plot should be the foundation of a game with gameplay built around it not vice versa. VG's made today without any effort placed into a deep, cinematic storyline are nearly unplayable for me. Nintendo's obsession with gameplay at the expense of storyline is what is destroying the artistic, social and political merits of this industry.

every single game doesn't have to have movie like story line to be enjoyed that's what you look for in a game and i can respect that as opinion, but to say every game needs to have a story and gameplay as after thought is wrong

My problem with Nintendo isn't that they make games without storylines. I actually enjoy enjoy some Nintendo games despite lack of story, LoZ being a foremost example of that, a series that I love. My problem is that they seem to be driving the industry in a direction where storylines in video games are seen as unnecessary, essentially becoming niche because you can make far more money with a casualized title focusing purely on wacky gameplay. Games with amazing storylines will become scarcer and scarcer because of this direction that the Wii is taking the market in to the point they may all but disappear.

Video games made purely for fun and entertainment focused on gameplay would always have been the majority but it seems that the Wii has made it profitable for developers to not even consider making epic, message and story driven games.

whacker41 said:
leo-j said:

of course not. Everyone just likes to disagree for the sake of it. it makes things more interesting.

EA sucks. Almost everything they put on the PS3 sucks. And as for the wii, while Medal of honour heroes 2 may have been good, when they released it in Australia they cut ther online mode. And as for boom blox, i haven't played it yet cause i've heard that it's short.

boom blox is not short,also its multi player keeps you busy for a while,and you dont like the orange box?

tag:"reviews only matter for the real hardcore gamer"

Both are pretty good. I enjoyed lots of EA games this gen like Rock Band, Fifa, Burnout Paradise, and Battlefield. As for Ubisoft, they've been on a roll lately. GRAW, Rainbow Six Vegas, Assassin's Creed, Dark Sector; enjoyed them all. Looking forward to Prince of Persia and Splinter Cell Convinction.

@DTG Loz and Fire Emblem are two examples of games with heavy storylines. WHile they don't mesh movies and games like the mgs series, they have excellent and very thought provoking story lines. Majora's Mask for example is one of those games these games. If you need me to explain it I will. Twilight Princess also had some character developement with midna. Now these games aren't focused on storyline, but still have a great story. It seems to me if you wan't story driven games you should be a pc gamer. There are many games such as neverwinter nights, the wicker, baldur's gate, diablo, planescape, half life. etc that are very story driven. So the wii while making the gameplay focused market wider, isn't doing anything to the story driven market.

Around the Network
brute said:
whacker41 said:
leo-j said:

EA sucks. Almost everything they put on the PS3 sucks. And as for the wii, while Medal of honour heroes 2 may have been good, when they released it in Australia they cut ther online mode. And as for boom blox, i haven't played it yet cause i've heard that it's short.

boom blox is not short,also its multi player keeps you busy for a while,and you dont like the orange box?

I said 'Almost everything'. Orange box is so far the only exception i'm going to make.

PSN- williwod

Remember, there are no stupid questions. Just stupid people- Mr Garrison

and miss out on the next Sim City??????????????????????????

no

I thought Battlefield: Bad Company was alright, but other than that... they do make some really bad games.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iyLhpUPNPIs

360 IS OPERATIONAL AFTER 37 DAYS!

EA are cool, dont like most of the games, heck i dont even play most have there games but i have come across worse companies

MICROSOFT ANYONE excluding windows XP

EA puts out a ton of good games. Also, boycotts of game companies are retarded.