By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - BOYCOTT EA!! NOT UBISOFT

DTG said:
Frankly people who see video games within the realms of art and do not want to see the industry make a turnaround to the early 1980's video game crash flouded with low budget trash, where gameplay and fun is seen as more important than storyline and message would do us best boycotting Nintendo and their systems.

Nintendo is driving our industry into an obsession with gameplay, family and fun.

If you want a good story go watch a movie, or read a book, or play one of the many pc games with execellent storylines. I "play" games first and foremost, then worry about everything else.

Around the Network

Why is it that no one has mentioned The Lord of the Rings: The Battle for Middle Earth RTS games when talking about good EA games? And even to a lesser extent the Return of the King game (it was short, just some of the bigger areas of the book/movie but it was tonnes of fun with a lot of replay value). Even LotR: The Third Age, it wasn't the greatest of RPGs but being able to go through Middle Earth and slaughtering a bunch of orcs and goblins is always good (the worst thing about this game was the final boss battle, it literally took me 2 hours to beat the guy, he wasn't hard, just had more life than anyone in any RPG ever and you just had to whittle down his life for 2 hours).  It also had the same battle system as FFX where you see when your characters turn is coming up next which is nice for a slower paced more strategic battle, when to heal, when to cast your bigger magic that will take you longer to recover from etc.

Kasz216 said:
Jela said:
Anyone can name a good EA game apart from boom blox?

Medal of Honour Heroes:2

Godfather

Early Madden games

The Sims (I hate it... but most people...)

Spore Creature Creator (Soon to be spore as well)

Fight Night

Most Tiger Woods Golf games

EA makes way more good games then Ubisoft in my opinion.

Hell the Spore Creature Creator alone is more fun then i've had with all the ubisoft games i've played put together.

They have a lot of good games. They have a lot of shitty games too. That's what happens when your a big company vs being like 1 development studio.

A lot of slags screw up your work.

QFT.

Also: the Sim City series is one of the best in video games. Sim City 4 is one of my few favorite games of all time. Both Madden and Tiger Wood '05 were great, great games, and Tiger Woods '09 for Wii is looking pretty awesome so far. NBA Street Vol. 2 and 3 are pretty great too.

Finally, as I've said before, Spore might be the only first day purchase I make between now and the end of the year. EA makes some good games. I don't love much of their outside of Maxis and EA Sports, but I do quite love those divisions.

My consoles and the fates they suffered:

Atari 7800 (Sold), Intellivision (Thrown out), Gameboy (Lost), Super Nintendo (Stolen), Super Nintendo (2nd copy) (Thrown out by mother), Nintendo 64 (Still own), Super Nintendo (3rd copy) (Still own), Wii (Sold)

A more detailed history appears on my profile.

DTG said:
Cougarman said:
DTG said:
Frankly people who see video games within the realms of art and do not want to see the industry make a turnaround to the early 1980's video game crash flouded with low budget trash, where gameplay and fun is seen as more important than storyline and message would do us best boycotting Nintendo and their systems.

Nintendo is driving our industry into an obsession with gameplay, family and fun.

so story is more important then gameplay now? dont get me wrong i like a game with great story but i play games to play a game if i want a good story i'll watch a movie

With video games reaching visual levels on par with cinema a decade or so back storylines should become the central priority of game developers in an interactive format. Plot should be the foundation of a game with gameplay built around it not vice versa. VG's made today without any effort placed into a deep, cinematic storyline are nearly unplayable for me. Nintendo's obsession with gameplay at the expense of storyline is what is destroying the artistic, social and political merits of this industry.

every single game doesn't have to have movie like story line to be enjoyed that's what you look for in a game and i can respect that as opinion, but to say every game needs to have a story and gameplay as after thought is wrong

Wii/Mario Kart Wii Code:2793-0686-5434
shio said:
MANUELF said:
shio said:
EA's 2008 Exclusive games for PC:

Battlefield Heroes
Battleforge
Dragon Age
FIFA Manager 09
SimCity Societies: Destinations
SPORE
Warhammer Online: Age of Reckoning

I can't boycott EA. They love PC.

Is not Spore release on Wii and DS?

Different versions. PC/MAC's SPORE is the main game.

Oh not this again; when, who, context please!? Links or it didn't happen! I already did my leg work to prove that is a lie, and the last time someone gave me a link to neogaf which gave a link to kotaku which gave a link back to vgchartz. Oh my gosh, Will Wright even commented on the Wiiconnect24 feature working perfectly with the creature distribution feature; WHILE he was demonstrating the galaxy level of the game. If I find it, there are two or was it three EA PR guys talking about Spore just before GDC and mention that the Cellphone version will be only a celluar level game, the DS version will have monster level, the Wii version is still in development and the PC/Mac version has all 5 levels of Spore. Everytime someone sais The Wii version is anything but in development they are either not telling the truth or work for EA and is making it publicly known that the Wii version is whatever it is. Btw last time I checked Spore was on a Dvd >.> just putting that out there.

I'm Unamerica and you can too.

The Official Huge Monster Hunter Thread: 

The Hunt Begins 4/20/2010 =D

Around the Network
DTG said:
Cougarman said:
DTG said:

so story is more important then gameplay now? dont get me wrong i like a game with great story but i play games to play a game if i want a good story i'll watch a movie

With video games reaching visual levels on par with cinema a decade or so back storylines should become the central priority of game developers in an interactive format. Plot should be the foundation of a game with gameplay built around it not vice versa. VG's made today without any effort placed into a deep, cinematic storyline are nearly unplayable for me. Nintendo's obsession with gameplay at the expense of storyline is what is destroying the artistic, social and political merits of this industry.

I couldn't disagree more. Gameplay is what makes a game succeed or fail, story usually doesn't work at all in games.

Soriku said:
Pretty much the premise of this thread:

EA IS THE DEVIL BECAUSE THEIR PS3 SUPPORT SUCKS. BUT UBISOFT IS SUPPORTING THE PS3 VERY WELL. UBISOFT FTW! DON'T BOYCOTT THEM!

That's what I'm getting, really.

Where have you been?

Soriku said:

EA IS THE DEVIL BECAUSE THEIR PS3 SUPPORT SUCKS. BUT UBISOFT IS SUPPORTING THE PS3 VERY WELL. UBISOFT FTW! DON'T BOYCOTT THEM!

its hard to disagree with that logic :P

Wii/Mario Kart Wii Code:2793-0686-5434
Soriku said:

EA supports the PS3 pretty well, actually. Worse than the 360, but still better than the Wii.

sc94597 said:

Not really. Ea makes some good games such as boom blox. Also they support the wii pretty well, and give them titles at the same quality as their 360 titles. I do feel bad for ps3 only owners though, because EA does make crappy ports for the ps3.

actually since late 07 most of EA games for HD platfroms have switched to PS3 as the lead platform.

Burnout

Dead space

mirror's edge

and recently EA is really putting out good games.

I just love burn out paradise,,,from graphics to game play,,,it's above 90 game.