By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - BOYCOTT EA!! NOT UBISOFT

Yes, you guys can all boycott EA if you want, I on the other hand am buying Spore on day 1

Just don't buy the bad games they make - it's simple

Around the Network
DTG said:
Frankly people who see video games within the realms of art and do not want to see the industry make a turnaround to the early 1980's video game crash flouded with low budget trash, where gameplay and fun is seen as more important than storyline and message would do us best boycotting Nintendo and their systems.

Nintendo is driving our industry into an obsession with gameplay, family and fun.

You've managed to completely mischaracterize the 1980's video game crash.  It had everything to do with a flood of consoles and low quality games.  By low quality, I mean the gameplay was bad, not stories.  I started gaming on the Atari 2600, and I don't recall any game that had a story to it.  The only stories that existed were the ones that you made up in your own head.  Even so, they were doing just fine until the market got flooded with all that crap.

Switch Code: SW-7377-9189-3397 -- Nintendo Network ID: theRepublic -- Steam ID: theRepublic

Now Playing
Switch - Super Mario Maker 2 (2019)
Switch - The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening (2019)
Switch - Bastion (2011/2018)
3DS - Star Fox 64 3D (2011)
3DS - Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney (Trilogy) (2005/2014)
Wii U - Darksiders: Warmastered Edition (2010/2017)
Mobile - The Simpson's Tapped Out and Yugioh Duel Links
PC - Deep Rock Galactic (2020)

whacker41 said:
sc94597 said:
whacker41 said:
leo-j said:
Wow so you guys think EA is a good gaming company?

of course not. Everyone just likes to disagree for the sake of it. it makes things more interesting.

EA sucks. Almost everything they put on the PS3 sucks. And as for the wii, while Medal of honour heroes 2 may have been good, when they released it in Australia they cut ther online mode. And as for boom blox, i haven't played it yet cause i've heard that it's short.

Um how is a mostly multiplayer game short?

I don't know, i've only heard it. But i think that i read a forum a few days back that said that boom blox owners have only played it for an average of 7 or something hours, which isn't that long.

I think you're talking about the usage statistics from the Nintendo Channel.  What that means, is that on average, the people who have played this game at least once in their Wii have played for a total of 7 hours since buying or renting it.  It does not mean that the game is only 7 hours long.

Besides, the game hasn't been out that long, and I would suspect that the target demographic of this game plays less overall than people who play games like RPGs or FPSs.

I haven't played the game myself, but I've heard that there are a ton of unlockables, and there is a pretty good level editor as well.  So there should be plenty of content in this game to get you occupied.

Switch Code: SW-7377-9189-3397 -- Nintendo Network ID: theRepublic -- Steam ID: theRepublic

Now Playing
Switch - Super Mario Maker 2 (2019)
Switch - The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening (2019)
Switch - Bastion (2011/2018)
3DS - Star Fox 64 3D (2011)
3DS - Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney (Trilogy) (2005/2014)
Wii U - Darksiders: Warmastered Edition (2010/2017)
Mobile - The Simpson's Tapped Out and Yugioh Duel Links
PC - Deep Rock Galactic (2020)

It's clear that you haven't played NHL 08.

;)

Wow, Leo, dude.

EA might be one of the BEST publishers in the industry now. They are seriously trying to support and bring brand new ideas to the market. Look at Mirrors Edge and Rock Band and Spore.

If there is ANY company that needs to be "boycotted" its Activision. They take every IP they get and just run it into the ground with their yearly release schedule with everything. Look at Tony Hawk.

Case proven.

I own all three current consoles and a great gaming rig, now thats out of the way.

This space Reserved for the Nuggets of Wisdom dropped by Bladeforce:

"Why post something like this when all it will get is PS3 owners blinded to reality replying? BOTH THE PS3 AND BLUE-RAY WILL NOT LAST 3 YEARS! TECHNOLOGY CHANGED TOO FAST!"

"is it Wii FIt that has sold as many as PS3's sold? Thats a LOL Look at the total sales of software is it just me that sees Nintendo titles hitting 10m+ and you say they arent making a difference? Another LOL!"

"Hell, with all the negative hype Sony spin, people just aren't interested cost is too high and to get the true HD experience (1080p, 7.1 surround) you will need a $1000+ system. THAT IS GOING TO DO IT IN A RECESSION! PS4 will not happen"

Around the Network
|_emmiwinks said:
Wow, Leo, dude.

EA might be one of the BEST publishers in the industry now. They are seriously trying to support and bring brand new ideas to the market. Look at Mirrors Edge and Rock Band and Spore.

If there is ANY company that needs to be "boycotted" its Activision. They take every IP they get and just run it into the ground with their yearly release schedule with everything. Look at Tony Hawk.

Case proven.

No because blizzard is still awesome.

i would 100% agree with u if i didnt play boom blox.
and btw ur just saying " BOYCOTT EA" are u looking for some attension by posting random topics ? :P

MontanaHatchet said:
Kurakasa said:
MontanaHatchet said:
Casuals will continue to buy Ubisoft's games, and if you're really going to intervene every time someone at a Gamestop decides to buy a Petz game, than you are a huge nerd.

Huh? Has someone here really said that they will do that? :D

I remember a couple people, it was sad.

That is really, really sad and pathetic. I feel bad about those couple poor wii-ownerz who have said a stupid thing like that. I really hope they won't be doing that for real. Omg... :D