By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - 1 of PS3s biggest critics is now a believer. will you soon be a believer 2?

Blue3 said:
as dumb as the list is, the average person buying something will decide by the virtue of pointless stuff like that then real legit reasons.

ohh the handle is so nice, i will get this over the much better product.

I assume then the reason you bought the PS3 was due to its piano-black finish?

Around the Network
DonWii said:
It will. But, people are expecting it to fly off shelves, selling out anything and everything that is in stock. Selling 5 million just in the Christams season...

I have no doubt it will boost sales, just not radically high, especialy depending on amount of price drop.

Ok who is predicting this? If anything people are predicting very low for the PS3 cause of sales so far...

Thanks to Blacksaber for the sig!

Gballzack said:
ckmlb said:
Gballzack said:
Obviously the market agrees too because we can clearly see the PS3 sales taking off in the last couple of weeks, I guess it was only a matter of time before the consumer came around and realized the superior system... oh wait... their sales haven't taken off... my bad... sorry... Didn't mean to get your hopes up.

What was the point of this post? Trolling maybe?

Hey i made an honest mistake in reading the sales numbers, cut me some slack will ya? :)

So what was the point of posting this in this thread but to attack the PS3? Everyone knows how it is selling, it's on the front page of VG Chartz....

Thanks for clearing it up for me :D 

ckmlb said:
DonWii said:
It will. But, people are expecting it to fly off shelves, selling out anything and everything that is in stock. Selling 5 million just in the Christams season...

I have no doubt it will boost sales, just not radically high, especialy depending on amount of price drop.

Ok who is predicting this? If anything people are predicting very low for the PS3 cause of sales so far...

The PS3 fanboys are not ones to predict low...  

mancandy said:
Blue3 said:
as dumb as the list is, the average person buying something will decide by the virtue of pointless stuff like that then real legit reasons.

ohh the handle is so nice, i will get this over the much better product.

haha

"Hey it's not that heavy and I happen to have $700 bucks in my pocket.....BUY IT!!!"

Thinking the same thing... lol

By me:

Made with Blender + LuxRender
"Since you can´t understand ... there is no point to taking you seriously."
Around the Network

I believe that 90% of PS3 bashing is due to price and game library, and 10% to fanboys. Some people could not justify the price with the current game library. Not that these people are poor or could not afford. Many people have other commitments than to spend their money on a console. But in fear of being labelled as "poor" by PS3 fanboys(something I strongly disagree), they bash the PS3 on other aspects.

ckmlb said:
Gballzack said:
ckmlb said:
Gballzack said:
Obviously the market agrees too because we can clearly see the PS3 sales taking off in the last couple of weeks, I guess it was only a matter of time before the consumer came around and realized the superior system... oh wait... their sales haven't taken off... my bad... sorry... Didn't mean to get your hopes up.

What was the point of this post? Trolling maybe?

Hey i made an honest mistake in reading the sales numbers, cut me some slack will ya? :)

So what was the point of posting this in this thread but to attack the PS3? Everyone knows how it is selling, it's on the front page of VG Chartz....

Thanks for clearing it up for me :D 

Why must you always assume the worst of me? I already said I was mistaken, don't get so worked up over it. :)

JSF said:
I don't believe price is the issue. It's the marketing. They need to make it clear that it is not intended as just a gaming rig and that it is a full-blown entertainment center with high def video, media streaming, etc. All the PS3 commercials I've seen only show some demonstration of the games. What people want is value. This is often mistaken for price, but it's not the same. Honda Civics and Toyota Corollas are the top selling cars because of their value propositions, not because they're the lowest priced. Yes, there is a segment of people out there who are the most price-sensitive and will buy the Hyundai's and Kia's of the world. That's fine. These people will wait for price drops to buy.

price is exactly the amount people are willing to pay for whatever value they perceive of a product.  few people are willing for fork over $600 for games and just unproven media capabilities.  in order words, their perceived value of the PS3 is not anything close to $600.

price is at least 80% of why PS3 is having a poor start well, sometimes i read these articles i can't believe people are going over such minute technical details. 

wii is takes away sales, there's little PS3 can do about that.  with consoles there's an aggregation effect, and it's especially apparent in Japan.  in the US the PS3 has trouble gaining momentum against the 360.

sony does appear to have a better long term plan for the PS3 than Microsoft for the 360, but it's had such a bad start a lot of things need to go right.

the Wii is an epidemic.

ckmlb said:
DonWii said:

Check out CrazzyMan's and Blue3's posts. According to them the PS3 will be the fastest-selling console during
all the Holiday periods since the year 1000 BC.

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957

NJ5 said:
ckmlb said:
DonWii said:

Check out CrazzyMan's and Blue3's posts. According to them the PS3 will be the fast-selling console during
all the Holiday periods since the year 1000 BC.

It seems you're an exaggerator as well :)