By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - 1 of PS3s biggest critics is now a believer. will you soon be a believer 2?

interesting that's a pretty long list but there's no mention of the games... Just goes to show... He likes the PS3 for all the wrong reasons

Help! I'm stuck in a forum signature!

Around the Network
Gballzack said:
Obviously the market agrees too because we can clearly see the PS3 sales taking off in the last couple of weeks, I guess it was only a matter of time before the consumer came around and realized the superior system... oh wait... their sales haven't taken off... my bad... sorry... Didn't mean to get your hopes up.

What was the point of this post? Trolling maybe?

Thanks to Blacksaber for the sig!

omgwtfbbq said:
interesting that's a pretty long list but there's no mention of the games... Just goes to show... He likes the PS3 for all the wrong reasons

I agree with this, I don't like lists of console positives that don't include games which are the essence of such an argument.

The look, feel and all that is just icing on the cake. 

DonWii said:
dannyphantom105 said:
first of all, you people who argue that it doesn't have good games, the 360 didn't have a great game until Gears, which was a year after it launched.
The ps3 is just getting all those games like R6 Vegas and Graw2 in a month or 2, and great exclusive games are coming (Uncharted, Heavenly Sword, Warhawk, Metal gear solid 4, Ninja Gaiden, Lair) starting this summer and continuing till christmas.

just wait, the price will drop, games will come. next year, we won't even be having this discussion.

True. It was good, then, that 360 got a year head-start. Reason why PS3 lost exclusives, and could still loose some...

You are right. Next year, we will be discussing why, with all of that, PS3 sales didnt pick up as much as everyone expected...

How are you so sure of this? A price drop and great exclusives not enough to give a big boost to sales?

It will. But, people are expecting it to fly off shelves, selling out anything and everything that is in stock. Selling 5 million just in the Christams season...

I have no doubt it will boost sales, just not radically high, especialy depending on amount of price drop.

Around the Network

as dumb as the list is, the average person buying something will decide by the virtue of pointless stuff like that then real legit reasons.

ohh the handle is so nice, i will get this over the much better product.

It's kinda funny but you're actually right. People who buy systerms a lot of the times don't know a lot about any of the systems and will buy it for stupid things like the controller and stuff like that.

theres a group of people (like people on these forums, including me) who research everything about the console and its competitors before buying it.

Since the ps3 doesn't have many great games out now, the average person will go to the store and see not many good games on the shelves and then look at all the games for the 360 that are out and immediately buy a 360, without even looking at future releases, which they should because consoles are expensive.

Blue3 said:
as dumb as the list is, the average person buying something will decide by the virtue of pointless stuff like that then real legit reasons.

ohh the handle is so nice, i will get this over the much better product.

haha

"Hey it's not that heavy and I happen to have $700 bucks in my pocket.....BUY IT!!!"

Wii Code 8761-5941-4718-0078 

ckmlb said:
Gballzack said:
Obviously the market agrees too because we can clearly see the PS3 sales taking off in the last couple of weeks, I guess it was only a matter of time before the consumer came around and realized the superior system... oh wait... their sales haven't taken off... my bad... sorry... Didn't mean to get your hopes up.

What was the point of this post? Trolling maybe?

Hey i made an honest mistake in reading the sales numbers, cut me some slack will ya? :)

Galaki said:
So, if it cost $1 CND for each time you use that OMGBUTTON to switch the console on, it's pay itself off in... 2 years.

What a cute little troll