By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Which console will have the most million sellers?

probably ran out of space in the page lolz. so theres 48 million shippers including the 7 you posted.

Around the Network

I'm just gonna list the current million sellers (based on VGChartz data of course) in case it hasn't been updated and or we lost track.

Wii - 42

Xbox360 - 63

Playstation 3 - 25

"Let justice be done though the heavens fall." - Jim Garrison

"Ask not your horse, if ye should ride into battle" - myself

Viper1 said:
Hang on a moment. Nintendo stated they had 11 platinum 1st party titles and listed them but it's missing Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess and Metroid Prime 3: Corruption. Both are certified platinum.

Also missing is Big Brain Academy: Wii Degree, Super Paper Mario, Wario Ware: Smooth Moves, Mario Strikers Charged and Pokemon Battle Revolution.

That list just jumped from 11 first party platinum titles to 18. Why didn't Nintendo list them?

They listed everything that shipped 1m in the fiscal year so far. April-December.

If you check back in this thread, you'll see that through September, there were 15 first party million-sellers, and 21 third party million-sellers, according to Nintendo's reported shipment information.

From the most recent reportings, Iwata has mentioned that there are now 30 third party million-sellers. Plus from the first party million-sellers list, we can see that Animal Crossing: City Folk, Wii Music and Mario Sluggers were the only new first party games to ship 1 million in the quarter.

So either way, that adds up to 48 total million-sellers, with a 30/18 split for third parties.

I believe that VGC was behind by 6 games versus Nintendo's numbers through September, too. While some of those might be games which have shipped but not sold 1m, I think most of them are the same games from 3 months ago with data missing on VGC. Super Monkey Ball, Cooking Mama, Tiger Woods 2008, and maybe DDR. One of them is also Outdoor Challenge/Family Trainer, which Namco said shipped 1m.

"[Our former customers] are unable to find software which they WANT to play."
"The way to solve this problem lies in how to communicate what kind of games [they CAN play]."

Satoru Iwata, Nintendo President. Only slightly paraphrased.

Another update ( some numbers were adjusted).
Xbox360 : 63 (=)
Wii : 40 (-2)
PS3 : 26 (+1)

PS3-Xbox360 gap : 1.5 millions and going up in PS3 favor !

PS3-Wii gap : 20 millions and going down !

Ail said:
Another update ( some numbers were adjusted).
Wii : 40 (-2)
PS3 : 26 (+1)

which games fell off the wiis million seller list (i assume they will be back in not to long of a time )

come play minecraft @  mcg.hansrotech.com

minecraft name: hansrotec

XBL name: Goddog

Around the Network

cool, thanks for updating.

"Let justice be done though the heavens fall." - Jim Garrison

"Ask not your horse, if ye should ride into battle" - myself

Time for another update :

Wii : 40 (=)
PS3 : 27 (+1).

360 will have the most million sellers, Wii will sell the most software.

XBL: WiiVault Wii: PM me  PSN: WiiVault

PC: AMD Athlon II Quadcore 635 (OC to 4.0ghz) , ATI Radeon 5770 1GB (x2)

MacBook Pro C2D 2.8ghz, 9600m GT 512 iMac: C2D 2.0, X2600XT 256

Time for another update.

Xbox360 : 64 (+1)
Wii : 41 (+1)
PS3 : 28 (+1)

360 will be at 70 by the time June E3 hits.