By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Which console will have the most million sellers?

Since the thread started

Xbox 360 - 22

Wii - 17

PS3 - 10

Around the Network

well overall il say wii or 360 but this year the 360 wont have alot of core games compared to the ps3 and wii. so most milliongs sellers this year wii ps3 360
all time
wii
ps3

360 has 63 according to VGChartz....

PREDICTIONS:
(Predicted on 5/31/11) END of 2011 Sales - Xbox 360 = 62M;  PS3 = 59M;  Wii = 97M

FishyJoe said:
As far as blockbusters go, the Wii has the most number of 5+ million sellers and I don't see any way it's going to lose that lead.

Pretty sure the title of the thread says Million sellers, not 5+ millions sellers so stay on topic please....

PS3-Xbox360 gap : 1.5 millions and going up in PS3 favor !

PS3-Wii gap : 20 millions and going down !

Ail said:
FishyJoe said:
As far as blockbusters go, the Wii has the most number of 5+ million sellers and I don't see any way it's going to lose that lead.

Pretty sure the title of the thread says Million sellers, not 5+ millions sellers so stay on topic please....

I was responding to the people discussing blockbusters. Since that is already being discussed, then it's reasonable to respond. 

Around the Network
Ail said:
FishyJoe said:

You need to update your signiture

SSSBOLIMAR said:
well overall il say wii or 360 but this year the 360 wont have alot of core games compared to the ps3 and wii. so most milliongs sellers this year wii ps3 360
all time
wii
ps3

A large part of MS' lineup for this year hasn't been announced yet, and even if they have the fewest core games they have a ton of holdovers from Q4 of last year that will leg their way up there like Prince of Persia, Dead Space, etc... Hell, even Ninja Gaiden 2 is almost there.

I figure we should be hearing an update for total million-shippers on Wii and DS any day now... Unless Nintendo only does that after Q2 and Q4.

Active Life: Outdoor Challenge and Mario Super Sluggers have both been announced to have shipped 1m units, so if none of the recent million-sellers for Wii on VGC have been overtracked, Nintendo should announce at least 44 million-shippers for Wii.

"[Our former customers] are unable to find software which they WANT to play."
"The way to solve this problem lies in how to communicate what kind of games [they CAN play]."

Satoru Iwata, Nintendo President. Only slightly paraphrased.

They already did.

30 platinum 3rd party titles and 11 platinum 1st party titles as of Dec 31st, 2008. 41 total - plus what may have passed the mark since the start of the year.

There are so many that are either right above or right below the 1 million mark (10 games within 10%) that VGC seems pretty damn close.

The rEVOLution is not being televised

Hang on a moment. Nintendo stated they had 11 platinum 1st party titles and listed them but it's missing Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess and Metroid Prime 3: Corruption. Both are certified platinum.

Also missing is Big Brain Academy: Wii Degree, Super Paper Mario, Wario Ware: Smooth Moves, Mario Strikers Charged and Pokemon Battle Revolution.

That list just jumped from 11 first party platinum titles to 18. Why didn't Nintendo list them?

The rEVOLution is not being televised