By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Which console will have the most million sellers?

Some number adjustments...

XBox 360: 60 (-4)
Wii: 44 (+3)
PS3: 29 (+2)

So PS3 closes the gap on 360 by 6, but still is years away from being in the same range. And Wii closes it by 7, going from 23 behind to 16 behind.

Just as importantly, 360 has 6 additional games above the 900K mark, and 16 additional above the 800K mark, while Wii has 16 additional games above the 900K mark, and 29 additional above 800K. While 360 is again way ahead for games above the 500K mark, Wii has a lot of ammo to catch up in the million-seller count in the short term.

"[Our former customers] are unable to find software which they WANT to play."
"The way to solve this problem lies in how to communicate what kind of games [they CAN play]."

Satoru Iwata, Nintendo President. Only slightly paraphrased.

Around the Network

Looks like with this weeks American numbers we'll add the following:

Wii: +4
X360: +1
PS3: No change.

The rEVOLution is not being televised

im going with the general conscencus so far in this thread:

1)Wii
2)Xbox 360
3)PS3

SSBB Code: 5327-2374-8112

MKWii Code : 3780-9266-6102

CoD WaW Code: 1376-1190-5157

I think its a bit pointless now ... Software sales are too hard to track so it will never be correct.

seece said:
I think its a bit pointless now ... Software sales are too hard to track so it will never be correct.

Obviously when updating numbers can shift the race by 7 at once, it isn't going to be definitive when Wii passes 360. It would be far more worthwhile if Microsoft gave out million-shipper tallys like Nintendo. But in the absense of that, I still think this is slightly better than pointless...

"The way to solve this problem lies in how to communicate what kind of games [they CAN play]."

Around the Network
Erik Aston said:
seece said:

Obviously when updating numbers can shift the race by 7 at once, it isn't going to be definitive when Wii passes 360. It would be far more worthwhile if Microsoft gave out million-shipper tallys like Nintendo. But in the absense of that, I still think this is slightly better than pointless...

Not when the numbers are incomplete, or flat out wrong. I'm not blaming VGChartz, I know its difficult to track software, but the fact that there is little in the SW numbers means it really is pointles.

And now with the rest of the weekly data...

XBox 360: 61 (+1)
Wii: 47 (+3)
PS3: 29 (=)

Actually: (difference from last post 27-03)

X360: 61 (0)
Wii: 51 (+4)
Ps3:30 (+1)

The Wii by the end of the generation.

ps2 rocks!! but the xbox is doing pretty well..............