By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Zero Punctuation: Metal Gear Solid 4

kn said:
That's about what I expected. Just out of curiosity, has he actually reviewed anything positively? I've listened to about a dozen or so of his reviews and they all have been rather similar.

Portal?

Around the Network

He definitely reviewed Painkiller in a good way as far as i remember.

Huh. Who would've thought that beggining anew in my real life would coincide with starting anew on vgchartz?

Any day now, the dollar will be worth less than 2 zloty......any day now.....and my life savings will be in total jepordy ;(.

I can't get the linked video to load, so here's an embedded youtube version:

"The worst part about these reviews is they are [subjective]--and their scores often depend on how drunk you got the media at a Street Fighter event."  — Mona Hamilton, Capcom Senior VP of Marketing
*Image indefinitely borrowed from BrainBoxLtd without his consent.

hahahaha

As a Metal Gear fanboy, I approve :P

Platinums: Red Dead Redemption, Killzone 2, LittleBigPlanet, Terminator Salvation, Uncharted 1, inFamous Second Son, Rocket League

I LOL'd when he crtisized the bad writing. It's sad that people who simply don't understand the plot try blaming the writing for that. Professional translator, editor and an all round genius writer James Howell himself proclaimed that MGS2 changed his life. Of course I don't expect that same intellectual prowess from someone who makes a video like that.

Around the Network

Eh, it was ok.  Seems for the most part this could have been written without even playing the game.  Pretty much the same arguments you can find on any message board.

Metal Gear
Metal Gear?
Metal Gear!
made me lol

also the part about the fans waiting outside his house

Lol, funny but pretty valid review.

I agree with him about gameplay being very unbalanced and flawed (why would anyone go stealth if I can buy infinite RPG's from Drebin after an hour), not to mention there is not nearly enough of it.

I dont agree about his story writing point however. The story in MGS4 is still pretty good. As far as videogames go, Kojima is good writer. Ofcourse he is no Scorsese but who is in the videogame world?

But I'd definetly say play MGS1 2 and 3 before this.

While I do disagree with him on many of those things, I still enjoy his reviews

Lol, how could you expect anything less. I was waiting for this one, good job.

Torillian said:
We have an official thread for Zero Punctuation. Just so ya know.

One that is so poorly maintained that I had to notify a mod to put the last few videos into the list.

Funny review.  Pretty much what I expected.