By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Zero Punctuation: Metal Gear Solid 4

HappySqurriel said:
*bleu-ocelot* said:
I's this that British humor,because I do not find this funny or entertaining.

I take it you're typing this while trying to pick out which window of his to break?

Win.

Around the Network
HappySqurriel said:
*bleu-ocelot* said:
I's this that British humor,because I do not find this funny or entertaining.

I take it you're typing this while trying to pick out which window of his to break?

No.The humor is just in bad taste.

Not everyone will like it, both the game and the review. Such is life, we're such a varied species something mocking a simple video game will make some roar with laughter, others go "meh", and still others get into a furious "He's NOT FUNNY RAUGHR STUPID BRIT" (Also happened with Smash Bros). Oh the Humanity!

However, despite the fact I'm mostly against Something Awful and most they stand for, let me share with you their "True Gaming Challenge" for Metal Gear Solid 4:

Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns Of The Patriots - 15 True Gaming Challenge Points

Explain the game's plot in its entirety to a third party without going "uh.." or scratching your head. Then take about ten seconds to describe what's enjoyable about the gameplay. If they actually want to play the game after this challenge is completed, give yourself 50 additional True Gaming Challenge points.

See Ya George.

"He did not die - He passed Away"

At least following a comedians own jokes makes his death easier.

About what I expected from both Yahtzee and MGS4, anyhow his review felt a bit rushed to me or perhaps he's hit that wall where the jokes don't come as easily and his reviews start to blur together.

flagship said:
About what I expected from both Yahtzee and MGS4, anyhow his review felt a bit rushed to me or perhaps he's hit that wall where the jokes don't come as easily and his reviews start to blur together.

It was rather predictable, but I've enjoyed all of his reviews thus far.

Around the Network
hibikir said:
I wonder if those of you that think that MGSs story is a masterpiece have read much literature, or watched quality acting. How is the story saying anything new or insightful? How can someone listen to an otacon monologue without groaning? If they made a movie, they'd put Keanu Reeves in his spot!

I guess it's the same crown that thought that The Matrix's story was revolutionary.

The Matrix was basically a sci-fi Plato's "Allegory of the Cave."

MGS's story is both emotional and thoughtful. The masterpiece part comes from the logical merging of all the parts and the surprises that arise. It's just a great combination of drama, mystery, technology. and some great characters. I've read a lot of books, some considered "literature" and some just fun reading. MGS is at least fun and imo quite intelligent. The game is a masterpiece. Gameplay, graphics, and story are well-done.

The game isn't for everyone, but no game is. It is for a lot of people, though.