By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Congrats SONY, PS3 & Konami -- first 500K + Seller in Japan = MGS4

Munkeh111 said:
darthdevidem01 said:
Munkeh111 said:
I dont think you are going to accept any answer as to whether it deserves it unless we say yes. Anyway. I think it could make 1m eventually in Japan, though I think the Last Remnant could make 500k if it makes it out this holiday (360 in September, PS3 in December perhaps) or if it comes out a few months before XIII with a demo, but I think XIIII will be the next game to make a major impact

After Last remnant was delayed I knew it was for 2 reasons:

1. UE3 problems for PS3

2. FF13 demo planed to be bundled with the game which will take time to polish

also some money from M$..

WKC will do it.

I always thought that there was a slight delay because of UE issues, and so SE just thought they could get M$ to pay them to delay it slightly more, giving them time to perfect it, and then they can make it up to us with the demo

I am not sure about WKS, I want more news on it

Don't we all.....E3 will hopefully bring something

but if the Level 5 name is big in Japan it will help

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

Around the Network

the first million seller game of the ps3 in japan,i believe its ffiix

Long live PS3.

First 500k seller in Japan : MGS4
First 1000k seller in Japan : FFXIII

Just as I expected ;)

Congrats for Sony and Konami for their success :D It deserves it :)

Vote the Mayor for Mayor!

Rock_on_2008 said:
Long live PS3.

Amen to that brother!

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

Around the Network

Best selling 3rd title in japan =) (this gen)

@ rockon useful post...

kowenicki said:
colonelstubbs said:
NNN2004 said:
i think sony luck will run out after this.

Actually your luck on this site will run out much faster if you post shit like this

You should know stubbsy....

I think it is a good achievement to get sales of this level although you have to remember that when a series progresses the sales base becomes more and more front loaded, on top of that there is an almost total lack of anything else to attract japanese gamers to the PS3 up to now.  I think the Japnaese numbers will be almost back to pre MGS4 next week.

More intersting will be how the US and Others MGS4 sales look going forward.  Now where are those Others numbers??

Actually i was banned for making love to your wife

I hope my 360 doesn't RRoD
         "Suck my balls!" - Tag courtesy of Fkusmot

I think Konami and Kojima deserve it, MGS4 is an amazing game that will definitely be a contender for GOTY. With that said, I don't think that Sony deserves it for the simple fact that they pretty much alienated the Japanese market by not releasing the 80gb (mgs4 bundle or not) knowing how much they want BC. I think that if they were to have done that, HW sales would not drop as much and SW would eventually get to 1 mil.

kowenicki said:
colonelstubbs said:
kowenicki said:
colonelstubbs said:
NNN2004 said:
i think sony luck will run out after this.

Actually your luck on this site will run out much faster if you post shit like this

You should know stubbsy....

I think it is a good achievement to get sales of this level although you have to remember that when a series progresses the sales base becomes more and more front loaded, on top of that there is an almost total lack of anything else to attract japanese gamers to the PS3 up to now.  I think the Japnaese numbers will be almost back to pre MGS4 next week.

More intersting will be how the US and Others MGS4 sales look going forward.  Now where are those Others numbers??

Actually i was banned for making love to your wife

Wow thats genius, child....

Hopefully you will get banned again for making pathetic remarks of that nature.

At least it was not a your mum joke....