By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Congrats SONY, PS3 & Konami -- first 500K + Seller in Japan = MGS4

After 1.5 years PS3 finally recieves its first 500K + seller in Japan which is of course  Kojima's magnum opus Metal Gear Solid 4 : Guns Of The Patriots.

It is currently at 566K....and even if the drops continue to be big it will reach 700K + which is a very good number compared to previous MGS games & their respective userbase they could sell on.

It also comes as a relief to Square-Enix as they know Ps3 games can sell in Japan....as long as the games are great.

Did MGS4 deserve this?? Where doy ou see the LTD sales of MGS4 at??

Finally any predictions?? What will be the next 500K seller in Japan for PS3??

EDIT - Whoops.....Kojima deserves a round of applause too (thanks for reminding us Cloudy-spikey)

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

Around the Network

I dont think you are going to accept any answer as to whether it deserves it unless we say yes. Anyway. I think it could make 1m eventually in Japan, though I think the Last Remnant could make 500k if it makes it out this holiday (360 in September, PS3 in December perhaps) or if it comes out a few months before XIII with a demo, but I think XIIII will be the next game to make a major impact

Yes Sony. Congrats. We love you

I hope my 360 doesn't RRoD
         "Suck my balls!" - Tag courtesy of Fkusmot

i think sony luck will run out after this.

Munkeh111 said:
I dont think you are going to accept any answer as to whether it deserves it unless we say yes. Anyway. I think it could make 1m eventually in Japan, though I think the Last Remnant could make 500k if it makes it out this holiday (360 in September, PS3 in December perhaps) or if it comes out a few months before XIII with a demo, but I think XIIII will be the next game to make a major impact

After Last remnant was delayed I knew it was for 2 reasons:

1. UE3 problems for PS3

2. FF13 demo planed to be bundled with the game which will take time to polish

also some money from M$..

WKC will do it.

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

Around the Network

sony one love

Congrats to Kojima,Konami and Sony.  Go Sony.

"Next Gen. doesn't start until Sony says so", and it starts with.....

Metal Gear "Solid" launch.

Quote :"Ironic isn't it? Sony charges nothing for it's service yet you don't have to deal with pop-adds. Yet xbox live charges and gives you ads that you can't close. Funny how different the west is from the east."

darthdevidem01 said:
Munkeh111 said:

After Last remnant was delayed I knew it was for 2 reasons:

1. UE3 problems for PS3

2. FF13 demo planed to be bundled with the game which will take time to polish

also some money from M$..

WKC will do it.

I always thought that there was a slight delay because of UE issues, and so SE just thought they could get M$ to pay them to delay it slightly more, giving them time to perfect it, and then they can make it up to us with the demo

I am not sure about WKS, I want more news on it

NNN2004 said:
i think sony luck will run out after this.

Actually your luck on this site will run out much faster if you post shit like this

I hope my 360 doesn't RRoD
         "Suck my balls!" - Tag courtesy of Fkusmot

Congratu-fuckin'-lations Konami and Sony.