By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - What is the colour of water?

If in a chemistry exam, you said that H20 is blue, you would receive 0 marks

Around the Network

Tasteless, colorless, odorless. Haven't you ever had any?

Water is clear. When you mix it with cranberry juice, it gets you drunk. I had some last Saturday, at my sister's wedding reception.

*random guy whispers into my ear*

Ahem. I must apologize. Apparently that was vodka. I've been greatly mis-informed. SO WHAT THE HELL IS WATER!?

all colour is a lie.

"I like my steaks how i like my women.  Bloody and all over my face"

"Its like sex, but with a winner!"

MrBubbles Review Threads: Bill Gates, Jak II, Kingdom Hearts II, The Strangers, Sly 2, Crackdown, Zohan, Quarantine, Klungo Sssavesss Teh World, MS@E3'08, WATCHMEN(movie), Shadow of the Colossus, The Saboteur

water can be any color it can be.....

Around the Network
Munkeh111 said:
If in a chemistry exam, you said that H20 is blue, you would receive 0 marks

Sorry but GSCE's are bulls**t. If you take chemistry or Physics at college, you will learn that some of the things you were taught at GCSE level are completely wrong.

WATER or H20 has a blue tinge to it. you can not see this blue tinge when you only have a small amount of water but in large amounts a blue colour becomes apparent.

But water tends to reflect the colours of the stuff around it making it look multi coloured.

Anyhow you can see the colour of water easier when its in the form of ice. just get rid of the layer of frost around it first. then the blue colour becomes alot more easier to see.

Then if you still think its because of the sky, go into a room draw the curtains, put the light on then have another look

clear

and color>>>colour

:-p

If we leave the moleculair stadium we should also take other articles in account. For instance, there's a reason why the costa's are blue, yet the north sea is greenish. It depends on the type of sands and slip lying on the bottom or coursing through the water aswell.

The Doctor will see you now  Promoting Lesbianism -->

Slightly blue/turquoise. Anyone ever seen a turquoise sky? I've sure as hell seen a turqoise ocean though, the colour is not due to reflection from the sky, the colour is inherent and holds true even with highly purified water. See below: the article is a little intense but these guys seem to know a little more about water than my highschool chemistry teacher.

http://www.lsbu.ac.uk/water/vibrat.html

"This absorption spectrum of water (red light absorbs 100 times more than blue light), together with the five-times greater scattering of blue light over red light, contributes to the blue color of lake, river and ocean waters. Colloidal silica may contribute to the outstanding blue color of certain, often hydrothermal, pools and lakes [372]. Ice is also blue [159] for similar reasons...."