By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Ninty reveals the hard truth about playing hours/habits of wii owners

I dont want too know how many hours I spended gaming.. Back in the days I was shocked that I found out that I spended 140 hours on FF7.. If I only spended a little more time on my education..

Face the future.. Gamecenter ID: nikkom_nl (oh no he didn't!!) 

Around the Network
RolStoppable said:
NiKKoM said:
I dont want too know how many hours I spended gaming.. Back in the days I was shocked that I found out that I spended 140 hours on FF7.. If I only spended a little more time on my education..

Indeed, it's "spent" in the past tense.

^^ LOL.. curse you FF7!!

Face the future.. Gamecenter ID: nikkom_nl (oh no he didn't!!) 

The problem with this data is it limits any one session to 6 hours. So if I play for a few hours each night but leave the game on in pause overnight and do this for a week or two, it'll still only count it as one session of 6 hours.

hmmm wonder what smash , Mario Kart, MOH2:H, playtime are ....

DKII said:
The problem with this data is it limits any one session to 6 hours. So if I play for a few hours each night but leave the game on in pause overnight and do this for a week or two, it'll still only count it as one session of 6 hours.

Does it also only count it if you play longer than 1 hour?  I thought I read that somewhere... I'm probably mistaken though.

If I am not mistaken, then all the 'minigame' compilations will likely be underrepresented.

Please, PLEASE do NOT feed the trolls.
fksumot tag: "Sheik had to become a man to be useful. Or less useful. Might depend if you're bi."

--Predictions--
1) WiiFit will outsell the pokemans.
  Current Status: 2009.01.10 70k till PKMN Yellow (Passed: Emerald, Crystal, FR/LG)

Around the Network
dib8rman said:
Gaming has changed - idtaged gamers, play idtaged games on idtaged platforms with idtaged controllers, play time control, method control, gaming field control, everything is calculated and controled... gaming has changed.

This made me laugh, or maybe Nintendo just told me to laugh.

You can find me on facebook as Markus Van Rijn, if you friend me just mention you're from VGchartz and who you are here.

Starmistkarmic said:
Wow. That's a balls move by Nintendo. Not too sure SpEAlburg would appreciate having that particular number posted. Ouch.
I don't generally trust these types of polls as anything resembling trustworthy, which makes the inclusion of Boom Blox all the more puzzling(get it?) Unless it wasn't done through a poll but by reading each individual Wii's stats(like Xbox Live.)
Either way, they probably should have left third parties out of it.

Nintendo does read the individual stats of each Wii to get this data.

But, they only have access to those people who have downloaded the Nintendo Channel, and have agreed to the data sharing service.

I'm also pretty sure that the Nintendo Channel only collects and transmits the data each time you start up the Nintendo Channel, so if people are not logging back in to the Nintendo Channel, their data will stay out of date.

Switch Code: SW-7377-9189-3397 -- Nintendo Network ID: theRepublic -- Steam ID: theRepublic

Now Playing
Switch - Super Mario Maker 2 (2019)
Switch - The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening (2019)
Switch - Bastion (2011/2018)
3DS - Star Fox 64 3D (2011)
3DS - Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney (Trilogy) (2005/2014)
Wii U - Darksiders: Warmastered Edition (2010/2017)
Mobile - The Simpson's Tapped Out and Yugioh Duel Links
PC - Deep Rock Galactic (2020)

BRAWL: OVER 10MIL PLAYS

Damn things have changed since 2009 began. Here are my new visions for the end of the generation.

Wii: 135 mil

Ps3: 85 mil

360: 60 mil

True Genius

Alright I believe it's time we started a bet thread with Rol and others.

Which one gets more playtime, SSBB or MKWii?

I'd love to see the results!

The_vagabond7 said:
dib8rman said:
Gaming has changed - idtaged gamers, play idtaged games on idtaged platforms with idtaged controllers, play time control, method control, gaming field control, everything is calculated and controled... gaming has changed.

This made me laugh, or maybe Nintendo just told me to laugh.

Shigeru is in your TV right now teaching you how to love.

I'm Unamerica and you can too.

The Official Huge Monster Hunter Thread: 

The Hunt Begins 4/20/2010 =D