By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - gyrostarr by HVS is avail on wiiware now

@LordTheNightKnight : Star Soldier R is the definition of oldskul hardcore shmup ^^

but i'll definitely give a try to gyrostarr as soon as it will be released in EU, videos look great.

Around the Network

I downloaded it... I'm not sure what to think of it yet. It's a very basic game with a high frame rate. The ships graphics look like something off the PS1 or DS. The tracks move like crazy though which looks good but the background is just a Hubble Telescope shot they mixed in with some graphical effects.

Prepare for termination! It is the only logical thing to do, for I am only loyal to Megatron.

well it is priced well at 700 wii points

I downloaded and liked it a lot,
the game is a whole lot like a combination of the vectrex game WEB WARS, and Tempest 2000 for the jaguar, plus 4 player support,
it is 290 blocks for those that want to know

I HAVE A DOUBLE DRAGON CAB IN MY KITCHEN!!!!!!

NOW A PUNISHER CAB!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I NEEEEED WII POINTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Around the Network

Nice. I'll look at my games and see if I can "create-a-room" for it =)

^Click on cards to level'em up!!!^ =D

ill check how the reviews will be too see if i will buy it

tag:"reviews only matter for the real hardcore gamer"

I DLed it earlier today and played up to the 6th stage (of about 40-50 advertised).

The game starts off slow but picks up. It supports up to 4 players but I haven't played with anyone else so this is purely a single player perspective for impressions.

The game offers 3 ways to play, I'm using the wiimote sideways which seems to be the default and works well. The graphics are pretty flashy with a lot of neon colors and objects, and sometimes gets hard to tell the enemies apart when the trac speeds up, as I found out when I almost collecting with one enemy that looekd liek a friggin white line slinking up the track.

The actual objective of every level is to collect enough energy floating around the tracks to make it through the warp at the end. The enemies are really just distractions and nuisances. So far the game isn't hard. The power ups are temporary but tear through the enemies and there's a bomb item but I haven't really needed it since I never got overwhelmed. The bonus levels are challenging because they move at insane speeds.

I'm going to play it some more later on.

Tag - "No trolling on my watch!"

I don't know, I was hoping more for a shmup than it is. The multiplayer interests me though. I guess I'll have to wait and see what the reviews say.

Is this a 2D shooter (a la Gradius, etc.), or a 3D one (Rez, Panzer Dragoon)? I honestly can't tell.

"'Casual games' are something the 'Game Industry' invented to explain away the Wii success instead of actually listening or looking at what Nintendo did. There is no 'casual strategy' from Nintendo. 'Accessible strategy', yes, but ‘casual gamers’ is just the 'Game Industry''s polite way of saying what they feel: 'retarded gamers'."

-Sean Malstrom