By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - gyrostarr by HVS is avail on wiiware now

Trailer : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tRfAtObNL80

Around the Network

A definite pass: I spent my points on it, got to level 20 and will never play it again (and it's PS2-at-best ugly, too).

Garcian Smith said:

Is this a 2D shooter (a la Gradius, etc.), or a 3D one (Rez, Panzer Dragoon)? I honestly can't tell.

it is more like tempest or webwars, though yes it is 2d as there are only 2 plains of motion

I HAVE A DOUBLE DRAGON CAB IN MY KITCHEN!!!!!!

NOW A PUNISHER CAB!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bought the game a couple of days ago.

Basic gameplay is that you are traveling down a tube shooting at enemies. Your ship always stays at the bottom of the screen, with enimies and energy orbs coming at you from the top of the screen. Your objective is to collect enough energy orbs to get to the next level before time runs out. If you do really well, you get to go to a bonus level. Watch the videos on YouTube or the Nintendo channel for the best idea of the gameplay.

I'm up to level 19 or 20 out of 50 right now. Single player is alright, but it seems to have lost a sense of urgency or speed for me in the regular levels. Your only motivation for shooting anything is for points, since it seems like the power-ups and energy orbs just randomly appear in the tube.

The bonus levels are ridiculously fast though. The real strength of this game lies in multiplayer, which I think was the objective. The game can get really intense with more than one person competing for points. Lots of fun in multiplayer.

I bought this game to support High Voltage. I'm really excited about their upcoming, full Wii game, The Conduit.

Switch Code: SW-7377-9189-3397 -- Nintendo Network ID: theRepublic -- Steam ID: theRepublic

Now Playing
Switch - Super Mario Maker 2 (2019)
Switch - The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening (2019)
Switch - Bastion (2011/2018)
3DS - Star Fox 64 3D (2011)
3DS - Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney (Trilogy) (2005/2014)
Wii U - Darksiders: Warmastered Edition (2010/2017)
Mobile - The Simpson's Tapped Out and Yugioh Duel Links
PC - Deep Rock Galactic (2020)

I got it and I like it so far. I've only been able to play it 2wice now but I was able to break a million points and get some bonus rounds. Has anyone broken 10 mill?

"Let justice be done though the heavens fall." - Jim Garrison

"Ask not your horse, if ye should ride into battle" - myself

Around the Network

Right now, my highest score is 6th on the high score list with 10,035,000. I can skip to level 27 with a bonus of 10,100,000. I'm sure I'll get to the end of the game eventually.

Switch Code: SW-7377-9189-3397 -- Nintendo Network ID: theRepublic -- Steam ID: theRepublic

Now Playing

right on! Hopefully I can catch up to those numbers when I get more time with it. Do the scores actually update when yu log on-line (so like Ill see yur scores) or does it just base it of your plays?

"Let justice be done though the heavens fall." - Jim Garrison

"Ask not your horse, if ye should ride into battle" - myself

I'm fairly sure that the high score list is only local to your Wii. That sort of reinforces my thought that this game was meant for multiple people playing. Otherwise the high score list would eventually be only your name.

Now Playing

I'm definitely getting this game.

DarkNight_DS said:
I downloaded it... I'm not sure what to think of it yet. It's a very basic game with a high frame rate. The ships graphics look like something off the PS1 or DS. The tracks move like crazy though which looks good but the background is just a Hubble Telescope shot they mixed in with some graphical effects.

Sounds like F-Zero X with guns.... do you control a craft and shoot, or is it on rails.